Chapala.com Webboard

Abañil Expert In Ceramic Tile Applications Pools/Roofs?

Hello Everyone!

So nice to be among you finally here Lakeside!  The warm weather such a welcome change from my cool but beloved Washington State.

Arrived to do my much needed roof sealing project.  To recap, I have a flat mirador patio roof with a floor/roof of flat clay tile (not curved Spanish tile) with drains for rain.  On closer examination, will do a quick seal of the tiles for the upcoming rainy season but will return next year and replace the entire roof/floor with quality ceramic tile.

I'm requesting recommendations for the end all experts in tile installation with experience in bathroom and swimming pool applications.  Only interested in the best craftsmen out there.

Also if you can provide recommendations for outlets in Guad that sell quality ceramic tiles?

Thanks again for your experienced recommendations!

pedro malo

Chino Chavarria from Ajijic. His two sons do the work. Some say his son Merced is the best tiler Lakeside.

My contractor make good work in my tiles pool problem, they remove and install the new tiles, but before to install, they apply some waterproof concrete for pools, them the new tiles, he is very honest! Is an Architec General Contractor! Try whit Hem, and get some ideas whats the best for you! Email: general_contractor2451@yahoo.com.mx .suerte

We have used Miguel Ramirez for all our remodeling including extensive tile work (bath rooms, kitchen, fountain, etc.), roof sealing, etc. Very happy with everything he and his crews have done.

Cell    331-068-3827

Just make sure, when using pool tiles, that they use the correct adhesive. It is called pegavenizianos (sp?) and is the only thing that works to adhere pool tiles, which are not ceramic, but glass. And that adhesive is the grout as well- they need to put it on thick enough that when they press the pool tile sheets on, it squishes out between the tiles enough to be the grout as well. Sometimes a little more has to be added if there end up being low or missing spots in the grout.

I tiled my shower floors with pool tiles (iridescent blue/purple/green), didn't want blue grout, so got it in white and added some of that powdered color in a sand color that they use to color cement. Looks great and 10 years later not one loose or missing tile.

I've seen so many guys ( some who are supposedly tiling "experts") use white cement, which is why there are so many pools with missing tiles.

Avienda Ninos Heros between Calle Colon and the Ninos Heros glorietta has many tile stores on both sides of the street. That said, All any of them have is samples. You order and pay a 50% deposit and they tell you when to pick up and generally a week after the pickup date they will be there. There is a store, Indico  in Ribeires at Hidalgo 440 next door to Have-Hammers. Owned by Francisco Gomez with good selection and some stock, they order and deliver and install if you wish. 

Archived