Chapala.com Webboard

El Jitomate Gourmet--new pizza restaurant

Gerardo, who was chef at Hosterla del Arte, has just opened his own place west of Ajijic on the south side of the carretera between Ancla restaurant and the LCS Todo Bueno thrift shop. He is specializing in gourmet thin-crust sourdough pizza. Wine and beer are available, along with a few other items such as portobello gratinado de brie. He plans to deliver pizza as soon as he finds a good delivery person. The restaurant is fairly spacious and nicely furnished, with parking directly in front. Currently open 8:00 to 2:00 and 5:00 to 11:00. (I presume there is a breakfast menu for the early hours.) Closed Tuesdays. You can order ahead by calling 333-597-3076.

19 hours ago, JayBearII said:

Gerardo, who was chef at Hosterla del Arte, has just opened his own place west of Ajijic on the south side of the carretera between Ancla restaurant and the LCS Todo Bueno thrift shop. He is specializing in gourmet thin-crust sourdough pizza. Wine and beer are available, along with a few other items such as portobello gratinado de brie. He plans to deliver pizza as soon as he finds a good delivery person. The restaurant is fairly spacious and nicely furnished, with parking directly in front. Currently open 8:00 to 2:00 and 5:00 to 11:00. (I presume there is a breakfast menu for the early hours.) Closed Tuesdays. You can order ahead by calling 333-597-3076.

Always good to hear about good pizza..... But the name of the LCS thrift shop next to the restaurant is QUE GANGA.

Todo Bueno is mountain side in Riberas.

I looked for this pizza place today and could not find it. On the west of Ancla is Que Ganga but no pizza place.

2 hours ago, suegarn said:

It's right in between the restaurant and the thrift shop.

I walked right past it. So it is where Simply Thai to go used to be.

• 2 months later...

We tried this new spot Friday and were very pleased.  Instead of pizza, we opted for the lasagna special which was delicious.  Gerardo was charming and he fixed us a beautiful salad to share and we tried his home-made apple strudel.  He did mention he changed his hours, now not opening until noon!

We'll give them a try for pizza next time we get the craving.

I would say he could stand with improved signage.  The only sign I saw was a banner that was hanging off the size of the La Ancha grill.

Archived