Chapala.com Webboard

The PDF File is not an option any more when I scan from Hp all-in-one computer in windows 7.  It suddenly disappeared. All the files that I scanned earlier this month have been changed automatically in JPG in my files.

PDF is not supported by Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, so I have to open them in Window Photo Viewer or any other photo programs.

I only have JPG, BMP, PNG AND TIF in my scanner list.

I have to use a program to convert my JPG into PDF. What a bummer!

Did I do anything wrong?

Geeser's second option is the one that will work. Trouble is with HP stuff, once the scan program has screwed up, it can be very difficult to fix. Uninstalling all the printer software is the first step, before reinstalling. (Even then, I hate to tell you, I've had situations where that didn't work either. Getting online with HP will consume hours of your life with generally no successful results, if that happens. The end left two options: reinstalling Windows completely or just getting a new printer...)

Try using your Windows 7 Backup and Restore function before spending hours trying to determine the problem. I have found doing a Restore corrects almost all problems which crop up with software issues after an update. Many updates are automatic and you don't realize your software was updated till you have a problem. I have had a few problems with HP printer and scanner software over the years. You can go to the HP download software site and you may find the problem and how to fix it. If that doesn't work, as suggested, reinstall your software. If you don't have the install CD, go to the HP download site. I only download software from the official company website as second party software may cause a problem, not often, but enough that I am very careful what I download and install.

I run a Windows Backup about every 3 weeks on my laptop or after a major update. Saved my butt many times when I have a problem. Setup enough storage space to keep at least 2 months of Backups.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/

I meant System Restore in my comment, thanks. As usual when talking about a computer problem there are a 1000 different ways to say what you mean. All software on a computer is set to update automatically unless you change the settings which is why I create a Restore Point every 3 weeks. If I do have to run a System Restore, I am only 3 weeks behind on any software updates, which will update the next time I am on the internet. Sometimes I have to do it manually, other times the updates automatically run.

Why do we all have so many problems with HP printer and scanner software! I don't print or scan often but when I do I usually have to figure out what happened since the last time I used my printer or scanner. One time I spent hours trying to determine why my printer wouldn't work, found a comment somewhere on the internet these were old printers and had many software issues. So, I bought another printer and solved that! Printers and scanners can be had for round $40 now so why beat my head against the wall. In the past 12 years I have had 3 printers and 3 scanners, just ditch the d--- things and get a new one. Reading HP troubleshooting they seem to have so many software issues with equipment over 2 years old. Course this is true with all computer stuff, Windows does an update, your 2nd party software now has problems, typical. Another one is Adobe, and don't start me on their problems, grrrrrrrr................. or WINDOWS 10, what a farce this is.

I've been doing a lot of things to solve this  problem. I succeeded in re-installing my all-in-one with the link (below) except it just did not pick up the right one. 1310 kept coming back and I kept replacing it with 1315. I thought I had it but at the end 1315 was there.

The result is that now I have the same problem except with 1310 on my screen but it works the same as before. The PDF file is still missing in my list. I cannot get my files in PDF documents but in pictures.

This link (below) is exactly my case. Unfortunately, I've got an additional problem: as I bought everything in Mexico, they picked up that the language did not match. How fussy they are!!!  But it did not seem to affect the download because it changed my software. I'm not giving up. I'll try again another time. Right now, after 2 hours of this mess, I need a break.

Oh, yes, now I also have something extra: Photosmart Essential and a few more things I don't need.

Thanks everyone for your information.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/PSC-1315-software-for-Win-7-won-t-convert-scan-to-PDF/m-p/5325712

Just double-check to make sure you haven't missed the Settings that are so often buried in HP AIO software, that allows you set/select what will happen to your scan (picture, email, file, PDF, etc.) Eg:

original?v=1.0&px=-1c01059748.gifc01059748.gif

Archived