Chapala.com Webboard

Moving from USA

idocdan

There is no reason to get reid of a perfectly good car.  Have the person who is not on the title get a PErmanente  and have the person who is on the title get a Temporal.  For 4 years you are grandfathered in if immigration rules change since the temporal can convert to permanente as family. 

I have to agree, but some want to go permanent right off the bat, and can afford it. However, and even better approach might be for just one of the couple to remain Temporal and own the car, while the other becomes Permanente right away. Then, whenever it is convenient to dump the car NoB, the Temporal person can convert to Permanente in Mexico, under vincula familiar rules.   That seems to offer convenience and flexibility.

1 hour ago, RVGRINGO said:

I have to agree, but some want to go permanent right off the bat, and can afford it. However, and even better approach might be for just one of the couple to remain Temporal and own the car, while the other becomes Permanente right away. Then, whenever it is convenient to dump the car NoB, the Temporal person can convert to Permanente in Mexico, under vincula familiar rules.   That seems to offer convenience and flexibility.

A spouse of a Residente Permanente under the "Vinculo Familia" law still has to be on a Residente Temporal for 2 years before applying for RP. The only way to become RP right away is showing financial solvency. Showing financial solvency inside Mexico has different amounts and from different sources and a higher amount than at a Mexican Consulate,  if I remember correctly from a thread Intercasa posted awhile back.

http://www.chapala.com/wwwboard/webboard.html

Here´s his post.

On 4/15/2017 at 4:31 PM, pappysmarket said:

Yeah but can you imagine if you were Mexican and wanted to move to Chicago (legally) ?

I don't think it is any real problem for Mexicans with money/income/investments. Every Mexican state govorner seems to own property in Miami.

16 hours ago, geeser said:

I don't think it is any real problem for Mexicans with money/income/investments. Every Mexican state govorner seems to own property in Miami.

Millionaire or not Mexicans or any other foreigners, including Canadians, have to marry a US citizen or marry a legal Permanant Resident to immigrate to the US. No shortcuts in US immigration laws like some countries have. A foreigner can visit the US for 182 days in a 12 month period only. Similar to Canadian immigration law and possibly all industrialized nations. My friend´s daughter is married to an Austrialian and she is being sponsored by her daughter, a natrualized Australian citizen, and has to wait 5 years to get a visa to immigrate to Australia, exactly the same as US immigration law. Children that are US citizens under 18 cannot sponsor their parent/s and if 18 or over can sponsor them and they have to prove financial support for them and the parent/s have to wait outside of the US for 5 years to get a visa, if approved, to immigrate. See why no non documented parents of American citizen children can file for immigration status in the USA and stay there and cannot file at all until the child is 18. The US immigration law is contrary to what Fox News, etc. reports what the laws are, unfortunately. Any legal resident immigrant cannot apply for any social assistance programs, except federal food stamps, until they have been legal for 5 years, also contrary to what Fox News etc. reports. Children that are citizens can´t apply either until they are 18 or over, except for federal food stamps, and undocumented immigrants can´t apply ever. Fox News etc. has a habit of stating they all can get it when in fact they can´t all get it.

Archived