Chapala.com Webboard

Pillsbury Nostalgia

kgreenbury

Really miss the convenience of Pillsbury frozen biscuits & rolls for breakfast pastries and appetizers and keep seeing recipes I'd love to try if we had those here.  Does anyone at Lakeside sell a similar product - someone at one of the markets or from a home kitchen?  And if not, why not?  Valerina used to do really good pie pastry, at least, but I think she's gone... 

For pies, I use pie dough from Walmart.  (Soriana has it too, but I don't like the taste as much as Walmarts.)  Go to the bakery and ask for "pasta para pie".  I get a kilo of it and it makes two double crust pies.  I've not tried using it for anything but pies.  I have not found anything for rolls, but I didn't look in Freska.  (Great store BTW.)

1 hour ago, congodog said:

For pies, I use pie dough from Walmart.  (Soriana has it too, but I don't like the taste as much as Walmarts.)  Go to the bakery and ask for "pasta para pie".  I get a kilo of it and it makes two double crust pies.  I've not tried using it for anything but pies.  I have not found anything for rolls, but I didn't look in Freska.  (Great store BTW.)

I'm going to try that, thanks!

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 10:26 PM, Joyfull said:

They sell some of these at Freska which is the new market on Lopez Mateo in the shopping center, west side of the street about 1-2 kilometers before you get to Costco 

Dang, I recently bought some there and now I'll never find them again since you just gave away the secret!:P

Archived