Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

Recommended Posts

Fighting the smaller brown cockroaches in the kitchen. Spray and an exterminator just can't get rid of them (yet). Anyone know where I can buy a bait?? I will keep cleaning and spraying but I really need more. TKX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You might want to get a plumber to clean out the trap on your sink.  That is often the place they hang out/ Hot water doesn't seem to kill them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This stuff is a drain cleaner (like Draino) and available at Jara Hardware - just west of the Telmex office on the Carrettera.

Pour it down the drain at nite and flush it away in the morning.

58dfa361ccc84_HarpicDestop.jpg.e8475a6c0990580df9f850804068654a.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cynoff powder, mix in 1 gal of water in a sprayer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 What impact would some of these products have kkkkkkkkkiiiiiiwwwwwwwwwwwvvvvvvvvWhat impact would some of these products have on a septic field? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cynoff, no effect on septic systems since it is a liquid that dries on the surface it is applied on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SunshineyDay said:

Acido Borico sprinkled in sink around drain nightly.

Also sprinkle in the back corners of cupboards and drawers and along baseboards. Use a blow dryer to blow into cracks & crevices. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought some brown syrup type gook in a squeeze bottle at the little mom and pop garden store (not the one by 7-11), lake side between San Antonio and Riberas.  There are directions showing where to put it.  i put it all around under the sink, corners, corners of slider doors, and I haven't seen any roaches since then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, sm1mex said:

I bought some brown syrup type gook in a squeeze bottle at the little mom and pop garden store (not the one by 7-11), lake side between San Antonio and Riberas.  There are directions showing where to put it.  i put it all around under the sink, corners, corners of slider doors, and I haven't seen any roaches since then. 

Do you remember the name of this particular garden store and the product itself?  Is it east or west of the 7-11?  Or do other places carry this product as well?  I'd be travelling on the bus, so it would be helpful to know exactly where this is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not use any extermination product.  I buy the clear plastic drain covers that are about 4 inches in diameter and cover both my kitchen drains when the faucets are not in use and I never have any of the little brown cockroaches.  I also cover the shower drain and floor drain ln  one bathroom.This is for the brown roaches only.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I never say "never." When the time comes when you are afraid to get up in the night because things are crawling around...

My suggestion would be to call a professional. I had to do this a year or so ago, and it was certainly worthwhile. Just dusted off their number, as pest season is upon us: Fumigaciones de la Ribera, Victor Vargas Tapla, 331-331-42-42. Total pro, classy guy. Just looked up his phone number today as bug season is getting nigh. His chemicals are pet-safe and he does not make a mess, unlike another I have used.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

suegarn: The name of the product is Maxforce made by Bayer.  It comes in a big syringe and you push the plunger out to put areas of this brown goo around.  I'm pretty sure the mom and pop garden store is before the 7-11 store, lake side and it is across the street from some rock type quarry where you can buy big rocks.  I wish I could be more specific.  she usually has a sandwich board out saying peat moss/tobacco (for bugs) and that diaclenacious earth powder (sp?)  Now that you know the name you can also check with some of the larger hardware stores who might carry this roach stuff.  Or the garden lady just east of the 7-11 may have it also.

The tube is 30 grams weight and was 150 pesos. Don't put this stuff where pets or children can get to it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2017 at 7:00 AM, tomgates said:

Cynoff powder, mix in 1 gal of water in a sprayer. 

Cynoff is cypermethrin ----a highly toxic insecticide that should only be used by professionals, and as a last resort. Disposal is strictly regulated in Canada and U.S. It's VERY toxic to fish (and with us being so close to the lake......) and also cats.

There are a zillion ways to deal with pests without resorting to this stuff!  Especially since boric acid (as noted by one poster) is so effective,    MUCH safer, environmentally friendly .........and is also at many ferreterias as well as the dollar store.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Metuchenmama said:

I do not use any extermination product.  I buy the clear plastic drain covers that are about 4 inches in diameter and cover both my kitchen drains when the faucets are not in use and I never have any of the little brown cockroaches.

Me either for 8 years. Now I have these brown roaches. Not the same as water bugs, street roaches etc. I hope you never have them. They are awful. And I have had 3 different pro exterminators and still cannot get rid of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JayBearII said:

Well, I never say "never." When the time comes when you are afraid to get up in the night because things are crawling around...

My suggestion would be to call a professional. I had to do this a year or so ago, and it was certainly worthwhile. Just dusted off their number, as pest season is upon us: Fumigaciones de la Ribera, Victor Vargas Tapla, 331-331-42-42. Total pro, classy guy. Just looked up his phone number today as bug season is getting nigh. His chemicals are pet-safe and he does not make a mess, unlike another I have used.

Already had 2 local exterminators. Don't care about pet safe as we take our pets away when we are doing this. However in the past 15 months, no luck with  different exterminators (plus our efforts) to get rid of these brown / gold med sized roaches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sm1mex said:

suegarn: The name of the product is Maxforce made by Bayer.  It comes in a big syringe and you push the plunger out to put areas of this brown goo around.  I'm pretty sure the mom and pop garden store is before the 7-11 store, lake side and it is across the street from some rock type quarry where you can buy big rocks.  I wish I could be more specific.  she usually has a sandwich board out saying peat moss/tobacco (for bugs) and that diaclenacious earth powder (sp?)  Now that you know the name you can also check with some of the larger hardware stores who might carry this roach stuff.  Or the garden lady just east of the 7-11 may have it also.

The tube is 30 grams weight and was 150 pesos. Don't put this stuff where pets or children can get to it.

Thank you sm1mex!  I'll see if I can find that product and give it a try.  If that doesn't work, I'll try the boric acid.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use EL DEVORADOR, one product available at Regalus Luz off the plaza in Ajijic. It is a gummy substnace made of Borax and a sugary milk (which is what attracts the roaches). They eat and it pfff! Gone for weeks, often months. Non-messy, easily dropped behind fridges/stoves/washing machines. Exceedingly inexpensive at 34p). Comes in a little flast bos the size of a lardge deck of smokes, always brightly coloured. Can probably be found at small neighbourhood groceries, too. And there are a number of differently-named but exactly the same products.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That Mom and pop garden store is on the lake side before you get to the 7-11 going east and before you get to S&S Auto on the mountain side.  They have a sandwich board out with all kinds of garden stuff listed on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×