Chapala.com Webboard

Traffic Tomorrow

Wookie

I just know that it was OK today. I went into Guadalajara this morning at 8:30 AM renewed my drivers license in about 30 minutes and returned sometime after 11 AM. When I say OK I mean normal. Sure sometimes the traffic was heavy, but that is normal these days

I know nothing about traffic this Friday. It took just over an hour each way.

Sorry, I was mixed up about the day.  I was told it would be bad on Saturday because of hundreds of young people coming into the area.  I was smart enough to ask the person "why" and "what time" but that is all they could tell me.  Just thought someone else might know more.  We are aware that traffic is bad in Guadalajara as we drive there very often and find that sometimes are worse than others... just thought their must be something special going on that we might want to avoid.

Chapala appears to be holding its own weekend-long version of Cancún Spring Break, billed as a "Jack Daniels open bar Chapala Water Festival 2017" complete with round-the-clock live bands on the malecón, swimming at the Montecarlo. and young people from over 30 countries.  I've read multiple sources saying they are running regular buses from Gdl to Chapala and they expect thousands to attend. The party even has its own FB page. 

2 hours ago, Al Berca said:

Estimates as high as 30-50,000 for the Chapala festival this weekend according to posts on Face Book.

Do you have a link for the facebook page? All I could find was a 2015 party under Chapala and Spring Break.

Archived