Chapala.com Webboard

Food tours in PV

pappysmarket

I'm linking this article because this Tour has been very successful down here although we have never taken one. We see them all the time in places we frequent including our local Mercado and the people are always smiling and obviously having a great time. The video is well worth watching. They explain the tours are as much about learning the culture as eating. They have all different kinds of tours to cater to all interests and apparently keep inventing more as repeat customers keep asking for more. If you read the article you'll see that to celebrate their 6th anniversary they will shortly be doing a new craft beer and tacos tour which sounds great. So if coming to PV in the near future you might want to check it out or maybe even use it as an excuse to visit. As of today, it is not yet even close to being hot. Blankets still at night.                 https://vallartalifestyles.com/vallarta-eats-6-years 

You will visit places locals eat, not tourists.

Gracias so much for this info and video.  I have visited PV numerous times since 1977 and feel that since they are building 9 highrise condos in Old Town that a few more visits is all I can take.

I will definitely check this out next time I visit -- most likely late April to early May.

A few years ago I did a walking food tour of Napa (California) when I was visiting and it was stupendous.  I thought I knew Napa, but got my eyes opened.

I first discovered Tacon de Marlin while waiting for a bus across from the PV airport. The place was packed out with well-dressed, business-class Mexicans, which always tells me it is probably a great place to eat. They have a branch by the Pemex on Avenida Mexico as well, which is usually more convenient for me. But the one in the food court at Lago Real/Walmart in Mezcales-Nuevo is an imposter, not connected, and there is a big sign up on the wall in the one across from the airport saying so.

Archived