Chapala.com Webboard

going to Toronto

A stroll down Spadina Ave. from College St. to Queen St.  Take a detour through Kensington Market. Then head east along Queen St. to Yonge St.. A multi-ethnic walk of interesting shops, a taste of Chinatown, many historic buildings & restaurants serving food from a multitude of countries. If malls are of interest a really large one called The Eaton Centre sits at the corner of Queen & Yonge.

Enjoy.

Me, I am from Boston MA, been to London, Florence, etc., so I am interested in what is uniquely Toronto historically--also interested in art and other museums.

12 hours ago, JayBearII said:

Me, I am from Boston MA, been to London, Florence, etc., so I am interested in what is uniquely Toronto historically--also interested in art and other museums.

Black Creek Pioneer Village near Jane and Steeles.The subway can take you there I believe. Early to Mid 19th century buildings and artifacts. They also have people doing and displaying how they did various things in that time period.

15 hours ago, shortstop said:

A stroll down Spadina Ave. from College St. to Queen St.  Take a detour through Kensington Market. Then head east along Queen St. to Yonge St.. A multi-ethnic walk of interesting shops, a taste of Chinatown, many historic buildings & restaurants serving food from a multitude of countries. If malls are of interest a really large one called The Eaton Centre sits at the corner of Queen & Yonge.

Enjoy.

If you get to Kensington Market and get "homesick" for Mexican food, see this webpage/article from Toronto Life:

Say hola to Toronto’s Little Mexico

I believe Toronto is now the most ethnically diverse city in North America.

Enjoy the "vertical mosaic" of Greek, Indian, Korean, Italian, Portuguese, Vietnamese, Polish, Italian, Brazilian, German, English, Spanish....(you get the picture) communities throughout the city.

Enjoy

SunFan

21 hours ago, Alpha1 said:

These two links are absolutely the best in this thread.  May I enquire where you will be staying? If not in the Downtown area, then perhaps we can give you some pointers on public transportation? Toronto is huge.

If you go to Edward's Gardens, say hi to my mum. It was her favourite place to walk and her ashes are there.

Archived