Chapala.com Webboard

Leaving Mexico as Temp Resident

You may come and go as you please, but will have to fill out an FMM if you fly; being sure to indicate your Residente Temporal status.  Always have your INM visa card on your person.

You can have a Notario prepare an approved copy of said card. We keep our original cards at home in a safe place. As RV said, you fill out a FMM if you fly but the couple times we have crossed the border by car (Mex plated) we have done no paperwork. 

When leaving Mexico have your original visa. When flying out you will be required to complete an FMM but indicate your visa status, keep half and hand it in when you return. Driving is suppose to be same process but many just keep driving out and same returning especially at Laredo where easy to do so.

• 3 months later...

Is there a certain period of time one may remain outside México as a Residente Temporal? Are there potential problems upon re-entry or card renewal if I have stayed in my home country for a year due to extenuating circumstances? I am married to a Mexican citizen.

1 hour ago, YoliK said:

Is there a certain period of time one may remain outside México as a Residente Temporal? Are there potential problems upon re-entry or card renewal if I have stayed in my home country for a year due to extenuating circumstances? I am married to a Mexican citizen.

You just have to be back in time for renewal.

On 7/17/2017 at 10:03 PM, dennis clark said:

Sonia, I'm leaving with my RT, and my US plated car.How do they deal with my car?

Stop at the border and turn in your car permit and they will process a refund of the deposit. Should you re-enter with the same car you obtain a new TIP and the expiration date is to match your TR expiration date.

Have a great trip.

Got it thank you.

2 hours ago, Sonia said:

Stop at the border and turn in your car permit and they will process a refund of the deposit. Should you re-enter witht he car you obtain a new TIP and the expiration date is to match your TR expiration date.

Have a great trip.

Got it. Thank you.

Archived