Chapala.com Webboard

cultural center in San Cristobal Zapotitlan?

Does anyone know the street the new cultural center in San Cristobal Zapotitlan is on, the one that displays corn husk dolls and other products? Longitude and latitude coordinates? And/or the phone number of the corn husk/palm leaf cooperative on Colon in SCZ? And/or the hours open? Thanks.

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 11:45 PM, SunshineyDay said:

Is that local?

SCZ is on the other side of the lake just past San Pedro.

You may have to go to the town to ask there. The people at the Biblioteca Publica Magdalena Sofia at calle Cristobal Colon 9 should know.

4 hours ago, barbara habacht said:

It is very poorly marked and it is best to ask as you enter the town. Very good directions are available at the Palace in Jocotepec or at the Wednesday market in Ajijic.

Fred Habacht

What do the people in SCZ call it? 

In english: Cultural Center Corn doll and gift center. I have always been brought by locals and never needed to know the street name. Note: they are not always in production but there usually are some old ladies selling out of the gift counter. Ask to see the production room...long tables with wooden benches where the leaves are cut and dyed. The flowers are great as well as the dolls...they really love visitors.

Fred Habacht

1 hour ago, barbara habacht said:

In english: Cultural Center Cisorn doll and gift center. I have always been brought by locals and never needed to know the street name. Note: they are not always in production but there usually are some old ladies selling out of the gift counter. Ask to see the production room...long tables with wooden benches where the leaves are cut and dyed. The flowers are great as well as the dolls...they really love visitors.

Fred Habacht

Actually I have been there a couple of times but when I tried finding it recently, I got terribly lost.  What is the center called in Spanish, how would I ask for this center?  Thanks.

Archived