Chapala.com Webboard

Miracle in Chapala Haciendas

Ferret have you considered/checked into using cellular service for your Internet. There are some reports of nice speeds obtainable. There also was a guy who advertised very good speeds using a system that he was selling. Expensive, yes ($79/mo?) but if one has almost no Internet service but would like to have some, the cost becomes secondary IMO.

My internet service is fine now thank you. 10 down and 1 up. Rock solid steady since the corroded connection on the pole around the corner from my house was fixed.

Yes, I have a cell phone and did hot spot when the line WAS going out all the time.

Yes, Telcel has a wifi mobile device (Alcatel) for 2600 pesos but the data cost per GB. is very high for use on a regular basis.

Telmex still gives the best bang for the buck on the 599 peso per month plan... you just have to make sure your lines  are well connected.

I figured I better chime in on this one, as far as service in Joco and El Chante goes,  in a couple of months I will be removing the Joco tower and will no longer be providing service in the area. It had to be profitable which it was not. I am still servicing clients in Los Arroyos and west of there, I  will continue to do so as long as the customers in the area continue to support my efforts.

Rod

19 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

In fact, Rod has retired, is no longer supporting grandfathered accounts, and is not servicing. He is doing other things.

Rod is still servicing existing accounts He is also still providing service he just came out on a service when I moved my compter setup around in March.

Nice post Rod. Your diplomacy is impeccable.

I'll be really blunt on your behalf. If the man doesn't get paid for the service that he provides, he will simply no longer provide it. You KNOW that you have to pay for service and WHEN you have to pay for that service. JUST DO IT. He's way too polite to even bother to ask you

Archived