Chapala.com Webboard

Unlimited wireless internet, US, Canada, Mexico

pappysmarket

OK here is a link to the Puerto Vallarta Forum where this is being advertised. I know nothing about it nor the person advertising it. It's not something that I am interested in but am aware that many people at Lakeside are having problems with slow speeds and they might be interested. It sounds a little too good to be true but who knows. If true it sounds like it could save snowbirds money by not having to pay for internet in 2 countries. If anyone does try it post your results.

http://www.vallartascene.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=25311

Not exactly a non-local as provides service in PV, Lake Chapala and San Miguel. Certainly not for everyone but if one is in an area that has dismal or non-existent 'wired' internet, this is an option to get good speeds. Actually uses the wireless (cellphone) spectrum so one's area must have that service, preferably  LTE.

Just throwing this out there but I'm renting in West Ajijic and needed a much faster speed for video conferencing. Telcel is fine for everything else, including Netflix, but isn't good enough for my work. I already owned a wireless hotspot so I went to ATT. They installed a SIM for free and I purchased a data only plan. It was 3,000MXN for three months with 13gigs of data per month. My download speeds are consistently above 20mbps and upload averages 5-7mps. (both are sometimes a lot higher but 20/5-7 is closer to the average)

When I bought my package it would have been about half the price for a one-year contract but I'm only here for four months but it does show that there are some very viable alternatives available.   

Archived