Chapala.com Webboard

Just Chillin closed?

mhopkins2

they closed on friday for a long weekend to work on their new hotel near Queretero which is opening very soon.   there will be tours from Ajijic, van, hotel stay, side trips to vinyards, etc.   I believe they plan to contiue the restaurant in Ajijic.

Just Chillin' has never followed a regular business plan. Their customer base has proven to be adaptable and forgiving. Chillin' opens, closes,  relocates, expands, contracts, reexpands, moves to the coast, comes back, runs as one business or two, three or four. The Kids are charmed, and their customer base enthralled no matter what they do. 

Hi everybody we closed for a long weekend because we went to a weeding party in Cancun!!! Yeahhh!!! But tomorrow we will start with our regular hours. 

(edited to remove political content)

45 minutes ago, gringal said:

Now I'm curious. I've only been to the old location for lunch a couple of times and didn't detect a particular "vibe" among the customers.  So, what was the old crowd like and what's the new crowd?

I have not been to the new location but it sounds as though there is a greater emphasis on music and the bar than in the first location in west Ajijic. I had heard that in the evenings things occasionally got a bit ugly during the election. In the interest of maintaining the peace the decision was made to unwelcome one political faction. While that may have upset one contingent, it endeared The Kids even more deeply to their base -- and even earned some new customers. This is the local scuttlebutt anyway.

Archived