Chapala.com Webboard

Resident Permanente - question

ericurmudgeon

You need to contact the Mexican consulate to get a definitive answer, and not pay any attention to the posters on this board who post to everything...

i had the same question last year so I emailed the Mexican consulate in Toronto and asked the following question.

Can my partner who is an Americian citizen visiting Ontario for the summer apply for her permenant visa while visiting Ontario. The answer was yes she can.. And which we both did in July 2016.and got our permenant visa's.

5 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Just curious, why can't you just post your experience without a sideways slap at the other members of this board?

My comment was about getting a definitive answer from the people who can answer the question, i.e. The Mexican consulate.   And being careful who you listen to on this board.

There are a few members who post to anything and everything .. It would be helpful if they could check the facts before posting.. 

As an example over the last few months  "Anyone can register a car in Chapala."

"You can start your resident or temporal visa in Chapala" 

• 2 weeks later...

The law states you may apply at a MX consulate in which you legally reside. In practice, many consulates in the US such as Las Vegas and Laredo will process Canadian citizens. And I am sure there are others.

Archived