Chapala.com Webboard

ACTA

9 hours ago, monica40 said:

Thanks xena,  helpful.   Found out what it is now need to know what I need to get it. 

I wasn't trying to be helpful. There was not enough information given to be helpful -- as MC learned when he tried to be helpful. I am so glad you got it taken care of -- whatever "it" is. 

These kinds of posts really irritate me.  Monica 40 posted asking for help but her question was very vague.  People tried to figure out of what she was asking in order to help her out.  Rather than clarifying what she was looking for she pretty much said "never mind" because she had gotten her answer somewhere else.  Rather than enlightening the rest of us as to what she was looking for and where to find it so everybody could learn, she signed out of the conversation she started.  To my way of thinking that was very rude.  This webboard is a community where we can all help each other and learn.  Monica40 did nothing to help anybody but herself.  I say kudos to those who tried to help this newbie and shame on her for her selfish way of handling this topic.  Hopefully she will learn and be more considerate of other participants in the conversation in the future.  The same sort of postings bug me on the pets forum.  People post about a lost or found animal or one needing to be adopted but then never follow up with updates or resolutions.  It is not right to tug at people's heartstrings to get them to care about the welfare of these animals and then leave us dangling.  Please, people, finish the story!!  Just my humble observation and opinion.

11 hours ago, bdlngton said:

These kinds of posts really irritate me.  Monica 40 posted asking for help but her question was very vague.  People tried to figure out of what she was asking in order to help her out.  Rather than clarifying what she was looking for she pretty much said "never mind" because she had gotten her answer somewhere else.  Rather than enlightening the rest of us as to what she was looking for and where to find it so everybody could learn, she signed out of the conversation she started.  To my way of thinking that was very rude.  This webboard is a community where we can all help each other and learn.  Monica40 did nothing to help anybody but herself.  I say kudos to those who tried to help this newbie and shame on her for her selfish way of handling this topic.  Hopefully she will learn and be more considerate of other participants in the conversation in the future.  The same sort of postings bug me on the pets forum.  People post about a lost or found animal or one needing to be adopted but then never follow up with updates or resolutions.  It is not right to tug at people's heartstrings to get them to care about the welfare of these animals and then leave us dangling.  Please, people, finish the story!!  Just my humble observation and opinion.

Thank you bdlngton. I couldn't have said it better. My thoughts exactly!

Archived