Chapala.com Webboard

Dogs locked in deceased Ex-pat's house

3 dogs have been sealed by police tape inside a deceased foreigner's home in Las Redes Chapala.

The animal rights lawyer has been trying for 5 days to get the police and judge to get them out. They are throwing food over the wall hoping it reaches them.

The police knew the dogs were there. 

An update:  Today the animal rights lawyer was able to get the police to open up the house. There were actually 2 dogs inside, thin but basically ok, a German Shephard, 12 years old, and a younger Golden Retriever. They have been taken to the vet and are being cared for by a neighbor.  If anyone would like to adopt either of these poor dogs, please pm me.

The police were careless and cruel, but the human rights lawyer fought for 10 days to get them out.  She is to be highly commended.

On 3/15/2017 at 6:35 PM, Taaffe said:

An update:  Today the animal rights lawyer was able to get the police to open up the house. There were actually 2 dogs inside, thin but basically ok, a German Shephard, 12 years old, and a younger Golden Retriever. They have been taken to the vet and are being cared for by a neighbor.  If anyone would like to adopt either of these poor dogs, please pm me.

The police were careless and cruel, but the human rights lawyer fought for 10 days to get them out.  She is to be highly commended.

Very good news and thanks to all that made it happen.

Very good news. Excellent advice  - NEVER all the police if someone dies of natural causes. Not natural - get any pets out first.

Not that I am recommending this you understand, but I know of several instances where the dogs were in the house rather than in the yard. Someone climbed the wall, broke into the house, and removed the dogs. They were handed over to a helper on the other side of the wall and the dogs survived.

On 3/15/2017 at 6:35 PM, Taaffe said:

sent you a PM

Archived