Chapala.com Webboard

Amazon Prime in Mexico

ComputerGuy

This week, Amazon Mexico launched their "Prime" services, which provides two-day shipping anywhere in Mexico. It's $899p/year, but for six months you can get it for half price.

My problem with ordering anything in Mexico is the lacklustre delivery services. Waiting at home is not an option most of the time. I'll be interested in hearing from those who are willing to be the guineau pigs for the new service... because if they do it right, this could change everything.

On the things we've ordered, the package was tracked online, and as soon as we saw it had reached Guadalajara and was "out for delivery," that was our sign to stay home. Last thing we ordered was heavy (a printer), and the Estafeta delivery guy even brought it inside and put it on the desk.

With iShop Mail a part of the membership is you can have packages delivered there at no additional charge, They accept the package for you and you can pick it up at your convenience. The delivery guys love it because they stop there all the time and they don't have to search for you and your home. Maybe the other services like Sol y Luna do this too?

3 minutes ago, holdrja said:

Handy Mail will also receive packages for members, with no fee.  But they will not receive packages that have duty owed on them, they were burnt too may times by that.

I order from Amazon US all the time. If there is duty to pay it is charged during the purchase. Sometimes I get a notice of refund for some of the duty paid a few weeks later. I have my ship,nets sent to Sol y Luna. There is no reason that Handy Mail should have gotten burnt on duty.

Archived