Chapala.com Webboard

SMOKE HOUSE

artsnob

Certainly Dennis. I don't know the street and number, but if you go through the Soriana parking lot, near the store, and turn left out of the parking lot, you can't miss it. Big painted sign on the corner building. They are third generation butchers there, and a really nice family.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, nolajoe said:

I think Chillin and dennis are talking about Carniceria De La Torre. They are located on the corner of Los Maestros and Isla del Presidio in Chapala. This is on the north side of Soriana's parking lot.

And you wonder why some people get confused.  This thread is supposed to be about the Smoke House restaurant, not a carniceria!  If you want to have a discussion on cuts and price of meat, start a new thread!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 months later...

Had occasion to order from The SmokeHouse via Food Delivery Services. Keeping in mind that nothing is going to be the same when delivered in a styro box, as compared to fresh off the grille/smoker, my thoughts:

I ordered the rib/brisket combo, to get a taste of both. Two sides come with each order. I also got BBQ Wings (not hot, because I wanted to check the basic cook). It's $199 for the combo, and $95 for the wings. There was enough meat to justify the combo price. The ribs were a bit over-cooked, but easy to remove from the bone, and the homemade sauce was tasty. Not an expert in sauces, but I believe it is a Texas style, while the wings were more Kansas City (sweeter). Nice to see two different sauces instead of just one covering everything. Adelita's ribs are better cooked and juicier, but I never liked their sauce (which tastes like bottled, and if it isn't, then they are making a huge mistake cooking their own).

The brisket was neither good or bad, just "there". But I come from a place where smoked meat/corned beef/pastrami/brisket is an art form, so it's hard not to be prejudiced. Again, it would have been better fresh off the heat, considering an abundance of marble that would have made it juicier.

Chicken wings were excellent, and very meaty, if a tad over-cooked.. 8 wings for $95; I guess that's normal these days?

My sides were slaw and rings; slaw was not of any "style" I could tell, but was okay. Certainly not limp or over-vinegared. And the rings were fine.

Delivery from Lakeside Food was amazingly fast, knowing the restaurant is on the west side of town and I am in Riberas: 45 minutes from the time I called. Here's a link to the menu, and the new Delivery Website: http://food.sslakeside.com/item/smoke-house/

• 9 months later...

Been hearing good things lately. Haven't been in awhile. Article in current GR about the US Embassy 4th of July celebration (on June 28 makes zero sense) says the brisket came from Skip's Smokehouse BBQ. One and the same? Couldn't find a Skip's on Google or Trip Advisor. 

Is the brisket smoked everyday or just certain days?  Would be nice to have it freshly made.

Had dinner here yesterday. Outstanding brisket. He smokes brisket and ribs everyday, so anytime after 2pm you get fresh smoked meats. Sides excellent too.

On 7/3/2019 at 4:54 PM, tomgates said:

Been hearing good things lately. Haven't been in awhile. Article in current GR about the US Embassy 4th of July celebration (on June 28 makes zero sense) says the brisket came from Skip's Smokehouse BBQ. One and the same? Couldn't find a Skip's on Google or Trip Advisor. 

Is the brisket smoked everyday or just certain days?  Would be nice to have it freshly made.

Skip's is on Av. Patria in Guadalajara. They have a FB page.