Chapala.com Webboard

New poisonings and a suspect

A description and photos were sent in today:

Here are photos taken at 5:30 on Feb 18. They were taken at the bus stop near the Waffle House. The person was waiting for a bus heading West.
He was first on Rio Papaloapan, a dead end street, near the Instituto Terranova.  This man was walking away carrying a dead rat in his right hand. He then threw it to the side of the road where the dogs were fenced in. He was distinctively wearing a red backpack, and a baseball hat.

Also two dogs reported poisoned and dead at Pepe Magaña´s Veterinarian Clinic.

Someone will be going to the Presidencia to see what they will do.

(Photos removed by Moderator pending review by Admin of the appropriateness.)

"This man was walking away carrying a dead rat in his right hand. He then threw it to the side of the road where the dogs were fenced in."

Please clarify:  Did the man throw the rat in with the dogs, or just to the side of the road.? 

It appears that this guy is a suspect because he was on a dead end street carrying a dead rat which he threw to the side of the road where dogs were fenced in while wearing a red backpack and a baseball hat. 

I don't think you have enough to go on here to post photos and incriminate people publicly.  Obviously the photos should be taken to the police but for now I'm removing them here because if this man is innocent you could be putting this board and its sponsor into legal jeopardy.

I've asked Admin to review this situation and if he approves, the photos can be reposted.  But for now, we have to follow the dictate of innocent until proven guilty.

I know this is a terrible situation and we all want any and all perps to be caught.  However we have to be careful about making or inferring accusations without stronger proof.

I have long suspected that the perpetrator travels up and down the carretera by bus, since the poisonings occur (or mostly occur?) along the carretera. Now that we know what he looks like, maybe it would help to hand out flyers at bus stops? Do we have any idea what time of day the poisonings occur? That would be another piece of the puzzle.

26 minutes ago, JayBearII said:

I have long suspected that the perpetrator travels up and down the carretera by bus, since the poisonings occur (or mostly occur?) along the carretera. Now that we know what he looks like, maybe it would help to hand out flyers at bus stops? Do we have any idea what time of day the poisonings occur? That would be another piece of the puzzle.

No. We do not know what the perpetrator looks like. If you start handing out flyers with that man's picture identifying him as the poisoner you may be liable for civil action against you. You also may be morally responsible for any harm that comes to him from overzealous vigilantes. 

Here's something else to ponder. We saw a dog killed on the main Chapala road, police were there right away, and it seems like the body was removed within five or ten minutes. Same as the Libramento.  Who is doing this terrible job, how much are they paid, and from where? How do they seem to know so quickly where the bodies are? Maybe as Gringal often says - follow the money.

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 8:33 PM, Xena said:

It appears that this guy is a suspect because he was on a dead end street carrying a dead rat which he threw to the side of the road where dogs were fenced in while wearing a red backpack and a baseball hat. 

Does it for me! String 'em up! Wearing a red backpack is a hanging offense in my neck of the woods.

2 hours ago, mudgirl said:

I know it would be not only a libelous thing, but also a nasty thing to accuse someone of these poisonings without any real evidence, but really, who walks around carrying a dead rat in their hand?

Acting weird is not illegal nor is it proof that someone is an animal poisoner. 

Archived