Chapala.com Webboard

Mexico is much smarter about immigration than USA or Canada

geeser

Yes, I really think Mexico has the best immigration policies of any of these countries.  Importing people who then tap into social welfare programs they haven't paid into is a sure way to bankrupting those programs.  There is already a very big demographic issue, rapid growth in us old folks, far less growth in the cohort of people paying into those programs.

There are some really major megatrends coming to the fore now.  The big sleeper everywhere is the destruction of good jobs by robotics.  For Europe it is the destabilization of the Middle East and the collapse of civil society in North Africa.  For Mexico and the U.S. it is the failed governments of Central America.  For South America it is the implosions of Brazil and Venezuela.

The election in the U.S. wasn't just about immigration.  It was also a referendum on the size and scope of the Federal government.  Both the U.S. and Canada supposedly have governments that are supposed to have much primacy at the state level but IMO Canada has done much better in maintaining that then the U.S.

Although it is supposed to be an urban legend, the alleged Chinese curse "may you live in interesting times" certainly seems to be in force these days.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Lexy said:

I did not read further than the original post. That is when a moderator should have locked it. If we had a moderator that didn't first want to comment on it as a member. Which we don't. . . .

lexy

Then he writes an email to RV Gringo proving he is a malignant bully. Shameful. If he writes anything like that to me I will definitely be meeting with him behind Joe Bidens barn and woodpile.

Coldwell Banker should force MC to have a byline which says "The opinions of this poster do not represent the opinions of Coldwell Banker (and by the way - now is a great time to buy property!)"

http://www.sagaciousnewsnetwork.com/malignant-narcissism-is-about-control/

1 hour ago, Lexy said:

I did not read further than the original post. That is when a moderator should have locked it. If we had a moderator that didn't first want to comment on it as a member. Which we don't. . . .

lexy

Right on Lexy. Of course immigrants use resources while they are settling in. History shows us that in the end they pay more in than they ever took out. To say otherwise is xenophobic.

Not true - see I just proved it. Who can raise a family in the U.S.A. for less than $600 per month. Plus many States will only allow one year out of five it you are able bodied. The U.S.A. bills it self as the land of hope and opportunity - that's what draws immigrants like a moth to a flame.

There always a cycle when a countries problems are blamed on the immigrants, welfare bums, and sick people using all the benefits. Look at all the wealth in the world, much of gained by corruption - how come these guys get a free ride?

RV Gringo posted MC's email on TOB. He calls him a traitor to the U.S.A. and a leech on the U.S. tax system, among other over the top things.

Immigration in the 2 countries is apples and oranges.  Immigration policy in the US was designed to allow cheap Mexican labor into the US to support American natives to create small business.  And, Mexicans are hard-working, honest people.  They go to the US to work, not "take" social services.  The overall effect on social services has been positive, not negative.  It has been good for both countries. Immigrants from Mexico do not take jobs from native Americans.  They have had an overall effect of boosting employment for US natives:

www.fairus.org/issue/illegal-aliens-taking-u-s-jobs

time.com/4386240/donald-trump-immigration-arguments/

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/...stealing-american-jobs/433158/

www.forbes.com/.../how-do-illegal-immigrants-affect-american-workers-the-answer-...

www.huffingtonpost.com/amelie.../5-reasons-why-immigrants-_b_8036814.html

thehill.com/blogs/congress-blog/.../203984-illegal-immigrants-benefit-the-us-econom...

25 minutes ago, HookEmHorns said:

I find it so funny that some Canadians think they know everything about the USA; its laws, constitution, living conditions, how its government needs to be, how to fix its problems, etc. Much more so than Americans who have spent 70+ years living there. That should tell people something about these "experts". I can't name you one regular American citizen that can identify any of  those things about Canada. Wonder what that means? LOL

Wonder what that means? It means the majority of Americans are totally ignorant about anything outside their own little realm. Most couldn't name their own local or state representatives, let alone inform themselves about anything having to do with another country. But they can tell you what Kim Kardashian wore last night or who won the latest play-offs.. The average European 18 year old can speak far more knowledgeably re world history and current events than most adult Americans.

Just a point of clarification on the post from TelsZ4 a ways back.   If the parents of the Indian couple who came from India and settled in Canada at 60 yrs. of age, the OAS and CPP payments they are receiving would be very, very small.  I doubt they would even qualify for OAS payments.  There would have had to be proof that the children would be financially able to support them.  And contrary to popular belief, health care in Canada for seniors is NOT completely free.  Many services have to be paid for still and prescriptions are hardly FREE.

40 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

Wonder what that means? It means the majority of Americans are totally ignorant about anything outside their own little realm. Most couldn't name their own local or state representatives, let alone inform themselves about anything having to do with another country. But they can tell you what Kim Kardashian wore last night or who won the latest play-offs.. The average European 18 year old can speak far more knowledgeably re world history and current events than most adult Americans.

Excellent points mudgirl and so true. I have seen it many times myself.

1 hour ago, HookEmHorns said:

I find it so funny that some Canadians think they know everything about the USA; its laws, constitution, living conditions, how its government needs to be, how to fix its problems, etc. Much more so than Americans who have spent 70+ years living there. That should tell people something about these "experts". I can't name you one regular American citizen that can identify any of  those things about Canada. Wonder what that means? LOL

Living and actually using one`s brain are two different things.

1 hour ago, bdmowers said:

American natives to create small business.   Immigrants from Mexico do not take jobs from native Americans.  They have had an overall effect of boosting employment for US natives:

Yup, before you-all came over here there was no debt, no taxes and women did all the work.  Then along came the Europeans and thought they could improve it.

I'm no fan of Ned's, but right on, Mr. Small. Right on. And bdmowers, good one. And HookEm, 90% of Americans I have asked have no idea why Ottawa is important. But in Canada, we are taught all about other countries, especially our closest neighbour, in school.

Rick Mercer, Canadian comedian/satirist, used to do a TV thing called "Talking to Americans", where he would go across the border into the US (they probably won't let him in anymore) and interview people on the street re their knowledge of Canada. These were folks who lived very close to the US/Canada border. When asked "So how big is Canada?" he got answers like "It's a little bigger than Texas". Almost none could name the Prime Minister of Canada. Prez GWB once referred to PM Jean Chretien as PM Jean Poutine.

1 hour ago, ComputerGuy said:

I'm no fan of Ned's, but right on, Mr. Small. Right on. And bdmowers, good one. And HookEm, 90% of Americans I have asked have no idea why Ottawa is important. But in Canada, we are taught all about other countries, especially our closest neighbour, in school.

Hahaha CG I always like to read your posts. This is light-hearted so read it that way. So Ottawa and DC are the respective Capitols (with an o not an a). Why are either important?

Trying to lighten things up.

3 minutes ago, HookEmHorns said:

I think it is called "minding ones own business and not meddling in others business, where you are not wanted". Lots of Fake News here posted about the USA from foreigners knowing squat, but full of themselves.

Gosh, I've never read that definition of ignorance before. (P.S. born and raised in the USA)

Look, if you Canadians don't calm down we Texans are coming up there and throwing a cocktail party and using up so much ice your country will end up the size of Delaware!  

Disclaimer for the humor challenged:  IT'S A JOKE FOLKS!

While playing around on a search, found this for anyone who thinks Canadians don't know how to have a good time:

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/everything-we-know-about-how-to-throw-a-field-party-in-canada-156

7 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

Then he writes an email to RV Gringo proving he is a malignant bully. Shameful. If he writes anything like that to me I will definitely be meeting with him behind Joe Bidens barn and woodpile.

Coldwell Banker should force MC to have a byline which says "The opinions of this poster do not represent the opinions of Coldwell Banker (and by the way - now is a great time to buy property!)"

http://www.sagaciousnewsnetwork.com/malignant-narcissism-is-about-control/

Absolutely a RIGHT ON link.  I have felt this was true a long time ago. Fit the symptoms perfectly.....and now ???????

Mainecoones is out of most posters league. Few members can even discuss his posts. Because they do not have the critical thinking skills or intellect, they have temper tantrums. They write letters to the boss of the realestate agency. Most people here do not know the difference between legal immigrants and economic migrants. The majority of refugees (Mexico, Central America, Middle East ect) do collect welfare. The DACA program has been abused. They have more rights than US citizens and veterans. I suggest if people are unhappy, go to TOB. 

Archived