Chapala.com Webboard

Seeking information on travel to Cuba

nolajoe

This is my first trip to Cuba and first time leaving Mexico with a Residente Temporal visa. I am a US citizen and will depart GDL to Havana with a stop in Cancun. What is the procedure with INM at the airport in GDL? Any insights on how to proceed with the arrival in Havana? I will be taking pesos with me to exchange for CUCs.

The return flight will stop first in Mexico City before proceeding to GDL. What to expect when going through customs in MEX? Any first hand knowledge or suggestions would be appreciated.

You must complete a form FMM and have it stamped by INM (imigracion) prior to departure.  You do nothing with Aduana when leaving Mexico.  Upon arrival in Havana you must buy a Visa.  As I recall the cost is $25 US.  Upon return to MX you will go thru Customs in Mexico City.  Nothing different than arriving in GDL.

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 4:40 PM, El Saltos said:

You must complete a form FMM and have it stamped by INM (imigracion) prior to departure.  You do nothing with Aduana when leaving Mexico.  Upon arrival in Havana you must buy a Visa.  As I recall the cost is $25 US.  Upon return to MX you will go thru Customs in Mexico City.  Nothing different than arriving in GDL.

When I went 2 years ago I received and paid for the visa at the ticket counter in Guad when I checked in for my flight.

Archived