Chapala.com Webboard

Searching for tech to do some laptop computer maintenance...

DeborahM

6 hours ago, canmex87 said:

Use Mike Riley (ComputerGuy) who posts on this board. He does house calls.

765-4156

Thanks so much everybody! I have used Mike's services before, was completely satisfied, and messaged him through this board yesterday, but haven't heard back.  Thanks so much for the phone number canmex, will call tomorrow. :)

2 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Why haven't you recommended one?

I have no recommendation. My point was that all of us living here should try and support the local Mexican business people. I'm sure there are qualified Mexican computer techs in the area who would want the business.

There have been many posts on this board about the roads trash pick up and general lack of services, if we don't support the Mexican tax paying business's how can we expect things to improve.

i have my doubts if any of gringos offering their services pay taxes ... 

11 minutes ago, TelsZ4 said:

I have no recommendation. My point was that all of us living here should try and support the local Mexican business people. I'm sure there are qualified Mexican computer techs in the area who would want the business.

There have been many posts on this board about the roads trash pick up and general lack of services, if we don't support the Mexican tax paying business's how can we expect things to improve.

i have my doubts if any of gringos offering their services pay taxes ... 

Do you seriously believe that the reason we aren't getting the best of services is due to the lack of pesos in the coffers of local Mexican business people as opposed to the pesos in the coffers of the politicians who authorize the work and pay the workers to do it?  Have you noticed the "civic improvements" in Chapala lately, like the island and the Chapala center roadway newest decor?

And ....what inside information do you have re "gringos" paying their taxes?  Some of those "gringos" are Mexican citizens, btw. Every property owner, regardless of status, pays taxes.

14 hours ago, TelsZ4 said:

Why not use a local Mexican computer expert.. Help out the local Mexican business people. Instead of padding the pensions of the local gringos.. 

Many of us have used Adrian Ramos Marquez for any computer related services including building them from scratch. His English is perfect and he does house calls and on occasion has done so for me on a Saturday. Cell # 331-064-8578.  Office in Ajijic 766-0124.

1 hour ago, gringal said:

Do you seriously believe that the reason we aren't getting the best of services is due to the lack of pesos in the coffers of local Mexican business people as opposed to the pesos in the coffers of the politicians who authorize the work and pay the workers to do it?  Have you noticed the "civic improvements" in Chapala lately, like the island and the Chapala center roadway newest decor?

And ....what inside information do you have re "gringos" paying their taxes?  Some of those "gringos" are Mexican citizens, btw. Every property owner, regardless of status, pays taxes.

So what your trying to make us believe is that all the politicians are corrupt .. And that is why there is a lack of service..? 

The point of my post was not about politicians or corruption or home owners who pay taxes.

"It was "Support local business" 

15 hours ago, TelsZ4 said:

Why not use a local Mexican computer expert.. Help out the local Mexican business people. Instead of padding the pensions of the local gringos.. 

Benno's is owned by a Mexican and most of his staff are Mexican. One of many reasons we have always used them.

On February 11, 2017 at 1:23 PM, MtnMama said:

Benno's is owned by a Mexican and most of his staff are Mexican. One of many reasons we have always used them.

I congratulate you for supporting the tax paying local business people.   So far I have always been able to fix my own computer but if the day comes when I can't I will use Beno as I have heard he is very good and his prices are very fair..

I also thumbs up for Adrian (Ned Small deposits in his diaper! Adrian was trying to keep Ned's Windows XP box running). His brother is a whiz with home security. Adrian speaks linux and home small networks too. Nothing against Mike - I'm sure he has earned his chops. Adrian goes into Guadalajara once a week to get good buys on computer parts - if they are available in Mexico. He now lives in Las Brisas - if that is of any importance.

1 hour ago, TelsZ4 said:

It's great to see at least some of us supporting legal tax paying local business people, rather than illegal non tax paying gringos who troll this board looking for business ..

SERIOUSLY!? Just stop. Mike doesn't "troll this board." He doesn't need to. I happily support MANY local businesses...but I'm happy he's here to help me.  THANKS Mike.

1 hour ago, TelsZ4 said:

It's great to see at least some of us supporting legal tax paying local business people, rather than illegal non tax paying gringos who troll this board looking for business ..

I think what you just accused Mike of has a number of names, which could include "slander".  It includes "illegal" and "non tax paying".  You KNOW this?  At the least, it's snarky, personal and not supposed to be on this board.

22 minutes ago, DeborahM said:

SERIOUSLY!? Just stop. Mike doesn't "troll this board." He doesn't need to. I happily support MANY local businesses...but I'm happy he's here to help me.  THANKS Mike.

Archived