Chapala.com Webboard

Road trip to San Cristobal

HoneyBee

We've found luck in Orizaba and Cordoba.  Found them on Air B&B, I think.

SCLC is gorgeous, enjoy!

Valerie :)

Cordoba, Orizaba and Fortin de las Flores are all close to each other and about half way point.You should try Orizaba first as it is the first town you come to then Fortin then Cordoba. The hotels in Orizaba are on the main drag,  and so are they in Fortin de las Flores.. There are cabins available in Orizaba by Frank and Anya , two to be exact in a garden setting, I lost their number but you may be able to find them on air B & B

The cascades in Orizaba used to take dogs but they are closed now. 

The towns are not very busy right now, I was there yesterday at the Hotel Fortin de las Flores but I did not ask about dogs as I do not travel with them any longer..

Hi bmh,

Many thanks for the detailed information. One of the hotels I found in Orizaba that is dog friendly and also looks very welcoming is the Hotel del Rio. I also "Google Traveled" the area and it looks very inviting so I already plan a longer then one night stay.

Any chance you could recommend a dog friendly place in San Cristobal. I plan to be there for about a month to get a feel of the place.

Thanks again for the information.

I am sorry I live in San Cristobal so I do not stay in hotels and I have no idea which hotel would be dog friendly. I would think the hotels on the outside of the center maybe but I do not know. Also there is a B&B owned by Bella in the center. SHe has dogs and I think she accepts small dogs I do not know about larger ones but she may know of hotels that accept dogs. She is American so speaks good English.There is an Hacienda Son Juan on the outskirts that could be a place.. Hotel Samaritano on Eje 1 may as well..Sorry I really do not know. The center is congested and not a great place for dogs.

In Orizaba there is a nice park by the hotel Las Cascadas. The hotel is closed for remodelling...It has been close for 4 years and no work is going on..once in awhile they have parties.. But check out the park it is really nice and used to be great to walk our dogs when we stayed at the hotel.

Also there is a B&B type place in Orizaba owned by Frank and Anya, they have 2 cabins with a large garden and that is a good place too , unfortunately I have lost their phone number.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived