Chapala.com Webboard

When next can renew passport at LCS?

bdmowers

Anyone know when the consulate will next be at LCS for renewal of passports? 

Where`s a photo studio in Chapala (or Ajijic) for making a passport photo? 

Is the fee for passport renewal still 2,090 pesos (was as of November 2016 but exchange rate very different now).

Off topic somewhat but I thought I would share this.  I just read that an American can have more than one passport (booklet type).  I did not know that, and the reason, ...some countries will flip thru your passport pages and deny you entry pending which countries you have traveled in previously.  For example, if you have an Israel stamp in your passport, some neighboring countries will deny you entry.  So the logic for a second passport is to have clean pages so you are not trapped between the political problems of other countries.  Nowadays with current world political issues, these issues are hot so if you are traveling be sure to do your homework.

I use to have two passports due to my travel situation with work as you described.  You have to have a good reason not just cause you want it.  My company  got the second passport for me. My second passport had a shorter life also if I remember correctly.  You can Google for details. 

Archived