Chapala.com Webboard

Mexican Postal worker steals US mail.

I just watched a TV news segment that showed a Mexican Postal worker´s home in Tlaquepaque with thousands of stolen letters and small packages from the US and Canada she stole from the mail depot where she worked. They showed postal workers sorting it into bins to be delivered back at the depot.

Back when I lived in TLAq. a friend sent me a set of DVDs from the Sex and the City series. Checked and checked, and never did receive them. The worker guy at the Tlaq. PO said that alot of stuff gets ripped off. That lady probably has them. hahahahahaa It's pretty common for stuff to go missing in mexican mail.

11 hours ago, virgogirl said:

Back when I lived in TLAq. a friend sent me a set of DVDs from the Sex and the City series. Checked and checked, and never did receive them. The worker guy at the Tlaq. PO said that alot of stuff gets ripped off. That lady probably has them. hahahahahaa It's pretty common for stuff to go missing in mexican mail.

Think this holds true for all of Latin America.  As a kid I remember that when parents wanted to send something to Chile, had to wait to send it with someone traveling down if you wanted it to arrive.  Chilenos ratters!  Probably better now that their economy has greatly improved and among the best in L.A.

I gave up on renting DVD's from Netflix after too many of them never arrived.  Netflix didn't charge me for them, but it was getting to the point where it would have been bad business to keep me as a customer.  They were being sent to a mail drop in Texas....where some employees along the route selected my DVD's to enjoy. I have never used the Mexican Mails.  Maybe it's that carrier pigeon logo that puts me off.:rolleyes:

https://www.google.com.mx/?gws_rd=ssl#q=Correos+de+mexico+centro+de+distribución+de+correo+internacional++en+Guadalajara

Tlaquepaque has one of the 3  international mail distribution centers in the Guadalajara area, not a regular local sorting center. Possibly this center sorts some of the international mail coming off planes from the Guadalajara airport.

Archived