Chapala.com Webboard

Poopsie final update--all good news!

Poopsie has been spayed! Yup, she’s now child-proof. No puppies in her future.

With great help from my friend Shelley we got her to the Ladron Clinic and Dr. Hector took over.

Capturing her went smoothly after she was tranquilized, although she was scared all along the way. Shelley so gently and smoothly got the slip leash around her neck, pulled her/walked her to the car where the crate was waiting on the ground. Then our challenge was to lift the crate into the hatch-back, as it was now heavy for us. Just as we faced this chore a truck pulled up to work at the house across the street. I turned and asked the two men in the back if they could help. They jumped out of the truck, ran across the street all smiles and in a minute crate and dog were in the car. We were off.

Marcos had been calling her Pinta, so that’s her name now. I like that name better and it suits her black and white fur coat.

Pinta is now in her permanent home with Marcos and his mom who’d cared for her these past months. Her dog house is no longer outside at curbside but inside the gates and she’s officially part of this very nice Mexican family, my neighbors, for keeps.

Lexy

I am so glad that Pinta is now spayed.  LFA was happy to pay for this surgery and just so others know we pay for up to 70 Spay or Neuters a month at Ladrons and 30 others in Ajijic and Chapala. Our mission is to help Mexican Nationals of limited means with their pets. Hopefully with everyone's help we can reduce the number of unwanted puppies and Kittens over time.

GREAT news!  Thanks so much for the update and all of the care taken to help this precious fur baby.  Kudos to all involved!

Valerie :)

Archived