Chapala.com Webboard

Fogon de Charlottes

artsnob

We went to Charlottes yesterday before the rain, it is on the Libramente, We had the best Chamorro ever, and the pork Ribs, both cooked to perfection, with killer sauces..,Also the Calamari was great with light breading, the spice rolls very different and tasty, very efficient staff, also good Margaritas, Great addition to Lakeside dining, we will be regulars there...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Heidi and I JUST came from there and, unfortunately, a dreadful experience. Heidi ordered the Mahi-Mahi fish and chips and I ordered Chamorro. We were quite pleased that in about 10 minutes her order was placed on the table. We were quite dis-pleased when almost 20 minutes later my order had not arrived. I went inside and they said a few minutes more. It wasn't worth waiting for...very tough with an extremely spicey sauce. It made me miss El Serape all the more! $280 pesos for the meal. Oh, by the way, the frijoles were good so I guess it wasn't a total loss!

Curious what Heidi thought of the fish... mine was similar to what they put in their tacos over at Lake Taco, which works in a tortilla when covered with lots of stuff, but not so good as a stand-alone: flavourless batter, and small, over-cooked pieces. Not the way fish'n'chips should be.

Archived