Chapala.com Webboard

Firewood

stuphel

We have lost the contact info for the guy who came around to our house every fall and sold us firewood off his truck.  The original older man, who often came with his grandson, died before last winter, but we bought wood ( and a bag of starter) from his son last year.  If you know the family I mean, and have a phone number for them, we would appreciate it.  Thanks

On 11/28/2016 at 7:20 PM, TelsZ4 said:

The wood from the guy on Consitution does not burn well. I got 2 loads from him 3 weeks ago. I think it needs to sit for a year to dry out.

I use the "guy on Constitution"....Saul...and we always make a point of saving a "starter stack" of wood from the previous season, which they move aside and put on top of the new load they bring.  Been doing this for years, and his wood burns well. 

If it is Saul, the last time I talked to him he said to come to his house in Ajijic to pickout exactly what you want in your order. Mixture of Mesquite, and easier burning whitewood. That way he can work out an order to your needs. A tip that has paid off this year is by way of BMH. She said those big, split pods from the orange flower trees burn hot and fast. They certainly do, and the gardeners or more than glad to get rid of them. The problem is buying hardwood twigs and smaller pieces. If you see a hardwood tree, like Guava being trimmed back - ask for the branches and limbs, Take the leaves off yourself, turn them into the compost heap, if you have one, and cut them while they are a still green. Guava, for example is like iron once it dries.

Archived