Chapala.com Webboard

Hand-blown glasses here at Lakeside

Lexy

13 minutes ago, ned small said:

The correct term is mouth blown,your hand is incapable of doing so.:) The bi-annual Feria Maestros del Arte has such people attending with their wares. I think there is one coming in November.

The annual show Feria Maestros del Arte is Nov 11 - 13 this year.  However, the only glass artisans attending are Christmas ornament makers from the State of Mexico and beautiful etched glass items from CDMX.  http://www.mexicoartshow.com/2016maestros.html

3 hours ago, ned small said:

The correct term is mouth blown,your hand is incapable of doing so.:) The bi-annual Feria Maestros del Arte has such people attending with their wares. I think there is one coming in November.

Ned--Mouth-blown and hand-blown glass are two different techniques. Look it up. (Like I just did, to be sure I was right.) :) But for the sake of no argument, I think in the future I'll just go looking for blown-glass drink ware.

Bournemouth--thank you for those tips on where to find blown-glass glasses. I'm on my way.

Lexy

there is a new store in the Centro Laguna mall, I think it is called "fusion arts" or something like that. Right across from Peters Bread (and goodies) store. I didn't see glasses, but then I wasn't looking for them either. Definitely hand made glassware, vases, plaques, etc.

Thanks, all. I made it to the tiangus, trudged up the aisle and found the blown glass booth. Very nice! What fun. And while there I bought yams (I think they are) braising in something and also some large shrimp. What excitement (yes, I know, I should get out more).

Lexy

Archived