Chapala.com Webboard

Appointment at Lardo Consulate

Zeb

How to get an appointment at the Laredo Consulate?  Their website stinks.  It does not show how to do this.  I tried the link on Sonia's website as well.  It would not take my password, although I tried five different configurations, all of which met the criteria.  Also, it does not allow you to select what type of appointment you want.  The little dots do not fill in when you click on the selection.

I know from previous experience that calling a Consulate is usually a waste of time as you get recordings or no one answers.

On 10/22/2016 at 6:15 PM, Zeb said:

How to get an appointment at the Laredo Consulate?  Their website stinks.  It does not show how to do this.  I tried the link on Sonia's website as well.  It would not take my password, although I tried five different configurations, all of which met the criteria.  Also, it does not allow you to select what type of appointment you want.  The little dots do not fill in when you click on the selection.

I know from previous experience that calling a Consulate is usually a waste of time as you get recordings or no one answers.

Email me if you wish. SONIANGEL32@hotmail.com

The TR for the amnesty program does not give the right to work. 

Mexico wisely wants to know who is illegal and to make them legal. For one, it is much easier to track a person who is registered in the country. This is a much more generous program than the US offers an illegal Mexican national whereby thousands have been deported.

Mexico is one of the easiest countries in the world to live full time legally. Maybe the US could have the same easy process in which not even a medical or background check is required and whereby a person can leave after about 4 weeks once finger printed vs a year or more in the US. And one can receive free health care once a resident. 

As to a lost visa once outside of Mexico I made it very clear what is the process and it is repeated on my web site. 

Right now I'm a little annoyed by the upcoming Mexican gov. 's Amnesty Program. If you've been rogue since before 2015, something like that, I was reading that you can now be forgiven, get a residential temporal visa with work permit for 4 years leading to permanente. I'm starting over with the residential at some npoint, have to line up someone to hire me first, use a lawyer to collect the documents and get me an appointment in Laredo when the papers are  kosher from the new employer. Then I have the expense of going up there to start my visa process. In the past, I collected the proper documents myself from the hiring agent, took them to INM for inspection and submission, and gained the visa right here in Chapala without assistance. I don't see anyway out of the hiring of a lawyer this time around while the rogues get a free ride. Just ticks me off to no end. I'm not unhappy with the legal assistance I am getting, just that I can't DO IT MYSELF.

The entire system is ridiculous.  It is not intended to be efficient.  It makes absolutely no sense to have to leave Mexico to apply for residency.  It is equally insane that if you lose your card, they refuse to just use their computer systems to check your status and simply issue a replacement card for a minimal cost, regardless of where it was lost.  They recorded me as entering as a tourist because they couldn't just check their system against the residency information I provided.  Great way to create jobs and them to collect more fees.  That's all it is.

I think it has political undertones. I won't claim to understand completely. I could decide to:

1. Let my visa run out, overstay it, become "illegal" and then hope there'd be another Amnesty program coming further down the road.

OR

2. Do it the correct and legal way that the law requires.

I'm a rebel, but I'll most likely stay legal. 

Things changed and there is not much I can do but play the game the way it is supposed to be played. 

Archived