Chapala.com Webboard

need new Vonage box

bournemouth

On 9/12/2016 at 6:00 PM, FlyFree said:

Vonage will ship a new box free of charge to whichever address you have on record. Then you have to have it shipped from that address to Mexico.

They did that for me when my box died.

Unfortunately, shipping the box down here from our address in Canada wasn't worth it.  We ended up getting a better deal going with the new Telcel plan with unlimited calling in Mexico, U.S. and Canada for about $11 a month.  WAY cheaper than Vonage!

44 minutes ago, suegarn said:

Unfortunately, shipping the box down here from our address in Canada wasn't worth it.  We ended up getting a better deal going with the new Telcel plan with unlimited calling in Mexico, U.S. and Canada for about $11 a month.  WAY cheaper than Vonage!

That unlimited calling is also available with Telmex on a landline with an internet package. I keep the Vonage ($19 bucks Canadian a month) with a number in Toronto so the kids can call ME with no charge to them. Even if the internet is down and they can't get through, I still get an e-mail voice message from Vonage to let me know they have called.

13 hours ago, Ferret said:

That unlimited calling is also available with Telmex on a landline with an internet package. I keep the Vonage ($19 bucks Canadian a month) with a number in Toronto so the kids can call ME with no charge to them. Even if the internet is down and they can't get through, I still get an e-mail voice message from Vonage to let me know they have called.

13 hours ago, ned small said:

With Vonage you can call 60 countries not just Mex,Can and USA and as Ferret says,friends and family in Can can call you at no charge.

Ferret, you obviously got a better deal than we did when we purchased our Vonage in Canada before we moved down.  We were paying $32 CDN a month!

ned small, I have no reason to call any other countries except for Mexico, U.S. and Canada.  And with our Vonage line, most of our friends and family still had long-distance charges when they called us, because they didn't live in the same province!  If they need to get in touch with us, they send us an email or text message, and we call them back.  That way, they don't have to pay anything!

Archived