Chapala.com Webboard

Stopping Unwanted Text Messages

Frijoles

Does anyone know what I can do to stop receiving UNOTV text messages? I copied the following from a past thread and tried the PAU but it hasn't worked. I tried replying to the texts with BAJA but it couldn't be sent. Anyone? Thanks in advance.

Sending baja to 2222 is only for TelMex headlines, I think.
*264 supposedly kills unwanted text ads.
To cancel TelCel TIPS (consejos): send NO to 2525. Follow instr.
To cancel CHAT: send BOR to 2525.
Pause PROFILE (perfil): PAU to 2525. This supposedly deletes your profile so that nothing can be sent.

Yes, those are the exact instructions. They worked for me, but it has been a while. You must allow at least 24 hours for it to kick in. And being TelCel, they could easily have changed all that in the meantime.

Sending PAU to 2525 yielded a return message of:  "Has decidido hacer una pausa.  Cuando desees anularia, envia PAU OFF to 2525."  

In English this is roughly translated to "You've decided to take a break.  When you want to cancel it, send PAU OFF to 2525."  Does this shut off ALL receipts of text messages??

5 hours ago, Ezzie said:

Sending PAU to 2525 yielded a return message of:  "Has decidido hacer una pausa.  Cuando desees anularia, envia PAU OFF to 2525."  

In English this is roughly translated to "You've decided to take a break.  When you want to cancel it, send PAU OFF to 2525."  Does this shut off ALL receipts of text messages??

No, and as I said, I still got texts from UNOTV after I did that, so I don't know what I've taken a break from. I've received another text from UNOTV since sending baja to 2222 but it said it could take 24 hours.

Archived