Chapala.com Webboard

New Blood Lab to Us

hensley

We found this lab behind the Pemex Gas station off the Libramiento next to the old Integrity Clinic.

It is called DILABIM #20 interior

766-2384 They open a few minutes after 8am I am not sure if they are open on Saturday or Sunday. I did not bruise at all.

Just to compare prices, since I needed to get some special tests done, and I also decided to get a couple of the cheaper tests repeated to compare and they were almost identical:

ISA LAB                                             DILABIM   

$7,000p                                              $2,000p

$710p                                                  $380p

Quite the difference.                                             

This is what is on the paperwork:

Dr. Carlos de la Mora Sánchez
Dilabim, S.A. de C.V.
Horizonte #1357
Col. Jardines del bosque, Guadalajara
Tel. 3615 1790
E.mail: dilabim@prodigy.net.mx

The Ajijic Hospital does some of its lab work in-house. Anything complicated is sent to Dilabim in Guadalajara. The lab affiliated with the Maskaras Clinic sends its specimens to Chopo in Guad. It appears that Dilabim and Chopo are the two major labs.

I had been using Dilabim since it opened and was happy with Shelley, the phlebotomist...and with their lower price, esp. when using my INAPAM discount. Then recently my doctor asked me to switch to Chopo because Dialabim had given false results to a couple of his patients. I reluctantly switched, but only for one test. The Chopo test showed a count that would have been catastrophic had it been true. I returned to Dilabim where the count for my chronic blood condition stayed the same.

The problem is that labs here do not have the checks & balances nor the standards or liabilities that they have NOB.

I used Dilabim two weeks ago and had a lab error.  A test came back as abnormal.  I was sure it had to be wrong.  O compared it to Chopo results from 4 months ago and some previous to that.  The Dilabim result  was way off.  I went to Chopo and had another test taken and the results showed normal and were the same numbers as previous tests they had done.

I won't be using Dilabim again. Cheap price poor quality.

Archived