Chapala.com Webboard

Seeds for sprouting

There's a hardware store just past the top of the hill headed out of Ajijic, mountainside.  They have a nice selection of garden veggies on the left side of the counter as you walk in.  The varieties seem to be the varieties that grow well here

i think this person wants bulk seeds for sprouting and eating, not planting. the seeds for planting usually have chemicals on them, so you wouldn't want to eat them. adriana at el granero goes to the abastos market weekly and will pick up whatever you need. i have gotten yellow whole peas and mung beans that sprouted when soaked....for the others this person could ask the guys at the tuesday market if they would share their source, or just buy their excellent sprouts---radish, wasabi,mustard, broccoli....

The feed store on the right before you reach the plaza in Joco has seeds by the kilo. I think alfalfa seed was $119 a kilo. It sells broccoli, carrot, celery, lettuce, most of the usual farm seeds. I am sure any of the farm supply stores sell seeds by weight.

23 minutes ago, kgreenbury said:

Thank you, Walkers.  Apparently I wasn't clear but yes, I'm after sprouts, not veggies.  Could someone refresh my memory as to where El Granero is?  And I'll check the Tues. Market as well but I'd rather have my own supply handy...

El Granero is beside Gossips Restaurant...or opposite the Ajijic Clinic...or a little west of Multiva but on the other side of the highway...or a little west of Actinver but on the same side of the highway.

Archived