Chapala.com Webboard

No Internet in Riberas

Woke up to an Internet outage (Thursday August 17). Phone is fine. I am two blocks down from Mom's restaurant, near the new Presbyterian church. Anyone else?

Fortunately I can tether to my cell phone, on which I just got the new cheap data package from TelCel. This will be a good opportunity to see how much data gets used for day-to-day Internet stuff.

I had a report from Ch. Vista Norte about no Internet, so I took a new modem over and swapped it for their equally new modem. No go. And I heard from one other person, down from the 7-11 in Riberas... so if they are still out in places, they can't get on here to report it.

I had a report Thursday morning from a friend in Riberas that his internet was down--he is a block or so behind Mom's.

2 hours ago, Willie said:

We took friends to Mom's for breakfast on Monday and there were at LEAST 10 Telmex guys eating there....maybe something being changed out around there?

They gather like that at Delicias for breakfast get together from time to time as well. Nothing to do with "work".

This morning a guy from Telex appeared at our door in response to my Internet complaint.

He fixed the problem in minutes, and gave me some useful advice.... so far so good.

However...now our T.V. screen is blank ! it's not responding to the usual procedures that have always worked,sigh.

We wanted to watch the last of the Olympics, and the closing ceremony, what's going on, anyone else without a picture ?

This big screen T.V isn't that old, hope this is just a satellite malfunction.

My Telmex Internet was out (phone worked) from 6 a.m. - 2 p.m. Thursday. I had to go out and was near Telmex in Ajijic about 11 a.m. and stopped in and they did not have any indication that it was an area wide problem or affected anyone other than my house. That was disconcerting. They took a report and told me the usual "up to 3 days to fix." But it came back on around 2 p.m. They give me heart palpitations with their "up to 3 days" routine. Access to the 'net is my work, not just play... and is a deciding factor regarding where I will live. While I have the best download speed I have seen on the lake, I am still moving to a place where I can get both Telmex and Telecable. (I have a 3G stick, but $500 pesos/ mo to keep it on standby is irritating.)

Archived