Chapala.com Webboard

the French pastry sho on the west end of AJijic.

bmh

I had not been in town for a while and went there to buy a few pastries..and wow.right out of France, better than anything I have had in Mexico  so far. We have a good pastry shop in San Cristobal de las Casas, very fancy but the pear tart, the mille feuilles, the croissants and some of the  others beat the heck out of anything I have had here. 

They also will sell you the various types of dough if you order it so you canmake all kinds of dishes without having to make the dough.

My husband says it is called la francesa but I do not know . It is on the street past Rio Zula. I do not know the name of the street. past Rio zula past the shopping center where the fish store is take a left towards the lake , It is the little store in that area on the corner on the right handside. where the old french pastry store was. The pastries are way better than before. The pear tart is really great. They aslo sell French bread , fougasse . They do run out early in the afternoon.

I am sure someone has the details I don´t.

• 3 months later...

I did find it!  A friend of mine came with me and we stopped in for some goodies.  I must say it was quite good. I spent some of my childhood years in France and I remember the bakeries...... I am very fussy and the croissants were excellent.  Also, very nice they actually do speak French, so a chance to speak the language as well.  I will go back and try some of the other treats. 

• 1 month later...

Isabel and Frederic are delightful people. They are from a small town in the south of France. Get there early because they sell most of the good stuff by 1PM or so

They use the finest ingredients. We have used them for deserts for parties and all our guests both Mexicans and extranjeros loved all the choices. 

Archived