Chapala.com Webboard

Dominos pizza in Chapala

cedros

Several residents of Chapala have told me that they heard Dominos was opening in Chapala. Does anyone know anything about this?

I don't know if it would be good or bad. I've never had a Domino's pizza. There seem to be quite a few small pizza places in Chapala.

They are located next to Walmart but they deliver to Chapala in 30 minutes. They have been here for years -- Most of their customers are Mexicans. They provide jobs to many locals. Once you order they capture your phone number on their caller ID so the next time you call they know where to deliver. Always fresh ingredients. Truly a well run operation

33 minutes ago, MarkEliot said:

They are located next to Walmart but they deliver to Chapala in 30 minutes. They have been here for years -- Most of their customers are Mexicans. They provide jobs to many locals. Once you order they capture your phone number on their caller ID so the next time you call they know where to deliver. Always fresh ingredients. Truly a well run operation

That one is in San Antonio. I'm talking about one in Chapala.

Yeah, you are right!  We already have a Domino's in the area that serves to Chapala, sounds like we need a Pizza Hut in Chapala! Usually I am all about the small businesses, but in my opinion the small pizzerias here in Chapala are nothing to brag about.   I've had great pizza here in Mexico from family owned pizzerias that was awesome, but not here in Chapala, unfortunately.  If a small pizzeria were to open up in Chapala serving quality ingredients with a delicious original recipe, I would definitely support them. 

Domino's pizza tastes good, but everytime I eat it I feel like I'm committing a mortal sin against my body.  Usually, among family, when we want pizza, we go the frozen route, by buying those delicious Red Baron cheese pizzas at Walmart, when in stock, and doctoring them up with what ever cool toppings we have at hand.  Fresh sliced mushrooms, crushed garlic, olives, hamburger, you name it.  Then you almost feel like a real chef doing it that way.

dichosalocura I do the same except I also add anchovies and onion. Walmart has been out of them for a week. They are very tasty.

1 hour ago, lcscats said:

Gotta agree with the Perry comment but its classic thin crust and many west coast US people prefer a thicker crust like Costco has. 

This family is West Coast, but thin or thick, it's the cheese and the sauce that really counts.  Costco is good but it's not right here.

I don't get why anyone is giving a thought to Domino's when we have Perry's in town.  It's the best!:P

15 hours ago, lcscats said:

Its the crust and I can only find Costco pizza crust  which taste right to me.  Others may and will disagree with me.  Talking pizza is like talking religion.

Costco pizza crust IS right, and baked to a golden crispy crust, just perfect...eating a great pizza is a religions experience...

Perfect example of Pizza politics laugh out loud. Notice we can't even agree what is important sauce/toppings or crust.  Perry's is good but I need more chewy. I just don't get Dominoes. Pizza at Costco same in Guadalajara or Kirkland Washington.  Others of course will disagree.

Dominos, to me, represents the great swindling of America... a swindle that could only have happened where the vast majority of customers have little or no taste. So they, in effect, were not swindled: they just don't know any better. But the company that runs Dominos? They know, and have been raking in the profits of their scam for years.

1 hour ago, ComputerGuy said:

Dominos, to me, represents the great swindling of America... a swindle that could only have happened where the vast majority of customers have little or no taste. So they, in effect, were not swindled: they just don't know any better. But the company that runs Dominos? They know, and have been raking in the profits of their scam for years.

And there is Domino's in Canada too.

More's the pity. But I consider that just fallout. Everyone knows Canadians spent many years wanting "everything American". Sometimes, you get what you wish for. Sadly, my home town is besotted with "2 for 1" pizza joints, too.

Most of the current pizza places in Chapala are hole in the wall type places that mainly do deliveries. Today I noticed El Giardino (sp?) on Madero. It looked like a real restaurant with tables. How is this place?  

In rmy opinion, Il Giardino is one of the better restaurants in Chapala.  They specialize in pastas and pizza (their pizza is super thin crust and is ok, not the best) but they do have a decently large menu with steaks, hamburgers, fish, greek gyros, among many other cool dishes.  For those of us living in Chapala, with the majority of the restaurants serving basic Mexican fare and the sea food restaurants on the malecon serving mostly fried fish, rice and salad, Il Giardino is unique and a breath of fresh air.  And another one of our better restaurants in Chapala is Alfredo's California Grill opposite the malecon on Ramon Corona, they have a good variety of dishes too.

Archived