Music Festival at Lake Chapala Society

2nd Big LCS Music Fest  

60's and 70's Retrospective

Back by popular demand 

THE RETURN OF THE WOODSTOCK BAND 

AND MUCH MORE SURPRISE ENTERTAINMENT

July 30   2 pm to 6 pm

Food Provided by 4 Restaurant and Alex's Pasta  

Admission 100 p for LCS members, 150 for non members and 180 at the door.

Admission does not include food or bar

Tickets available only at LCS from 10-2 pm Monday through Saturday

Get your tickets soon as they are limited!

Proceeds go to the LCS Education Program

I certainly hope that whoever is in charge of this festival does not follow the same disorganized fiasco that was apparent at the LCS Summer Picnic.  Some people waited in line for a burger for over 1-1/2 hours and they had arrived shortly after the gates opened.  They ran out of burgers and beer.  Come on now -- precook the burgers and throw on the grill a few seconds to warm thru and slap onto the bun.  As for beer, absolutely no excuse to run out -- they have storage room at LCS so buy enough for the event and some future events.

End of rant....

• 3 weeks later...

I was there at the picnic and it was a blast!  380 people, lots of good music and great fun.

Precooking Hamburgers is not the answer... The barbecue pit was on loan and LCS expected

to get a gas barbecue, instead they got a charcoal pit... midway into the cooking of the burgers

the fire went out. Most guests were good sports and went with the flow.., As for running out of beer-

that was false alarm... cases of beer were brought out of storage and cooled quickly... 

No need to rant- check the facts.

Those maybe your "facts" Busy, but not the facts that many, many others were operating on.  They were starved and thirsty....end of story.  Just hope this Saturday's is better -- I understand (not totally fact-checked) Numero Quattro and Alex's are doing their own wine bars and have no idea about the other beverages.  Perhaps you can "fact check" these matters and post to elucidate all of us.

On the positive side, I know the band is good for bogeying down as I heard them before for the 45th Woodstock Party which was well organized and a huge success.

Archived