Chapala.com Webboard

No internet in San Antonio

I live a few blocks from Super Lake. Yesterday internet was hit & miss but today nothing. I am on Telmex. I have done numerous resets and powe on and off with no  luck. Anyone else having issues. Yes, I know it is the rainy season.

Muchas gracias and thankfully I hsve my Smartphone.

I just moved to Riberas. The internet with the old modem was fine but I wanted increased speed.

My new modem is a living hell. Half the time I can't connect...actually more than half the time. So, for the 10% of the time that it works I get great speed.

Oh how I wish I hadn't tried to "improve" my situation and just left well enough alone.

I wish you luck and a Telmex genie to help you out.

12 hours ago, Sandrita said:

I live a few blocks from Super Lake. Yesterday internet was hit & miss but today nothing. I am on Telmex. I have done numerous resets and powe on and off with no  luck. Anyone else having issues. Yes, I know it is the rainy season.

Muchas gracias and thankfully I hsve my Smartphone.

If you smartphone is getting Internet, the problem is most likely at your computer, not with TelMex. That being said, these modems sometimes "forget" that they are supposed to service more than one device. So if a factory reset doesn't work, the first thing to check is the computer; the second thing is to swap out the modem.

I am also good for the internet now :)

Mike the Computer Guy left me with one of his modems that he KNOWS works...but it didn't so it was very helpful in determining what the problem wasn't.

The guy who lives next door contracted for internet with Telmex on the same day that I picked up my new modem and he was also having problems. He had a service call in to Telmex and, I think, when his problem got fixed mine also got fixed. I'm just very grateful to be in contact with my kids in Canada again.

I did lose a telephone connection tonight when there was a wind gust so there's a loose connection somewhere but the modem lights were steady as a rock.

Knock on wood.

Archived