Chapala.com Webboard

Mexico Approves Same Sex Marriage

Sonia

This is not a new article but worth remembering in these times. And, here is more related good news: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mexico-gaymarriage-idUSKCN0Y82D4

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bennie2

dissapointed in mexico. on paper it should be called legal partnership w/identical rights. the gays can call it marriage. the "phobia" stuff is more social engineering. i say live & let live. the activists & thier useful underlings say a "we will not stop we are victims". the mex lawyers will have fun w/this new sue OP. we get the setup.   

3 hours ago, bennie2 said:

dissapointed in mexico. on paper it should be called legal partnership w/identical rights. the gays can call it marriage. the "phobia" stuff is more social engineering. i say live & let live. the activists & thier useful underlings say a "we will not stop we are victims". the mex lawyers will have fun w/this new sue OP. we get the setup.   

Ah yes, separate but equal - is that your preferred 'set up'? 

No government has the right to legislate how or whom consenting adults love or make commitments to. Those people who object to same sex marriage definitely should not marry someone of the same sex. If they can't stop thinking about other people's love and sex lives they might seek professional help. If thinking about same sex attraction and love makes them want to vomit they should stop thinking about it. If they can't stop thinking about it they should open the closet door and come out.

I haven't figured out why government has to have its over large nose in marriage and/or peoples' bedrooms anyway.  Particularly when they can't even keep the roads repaired.

But this is sure proving a nice new line of business for the lawyers in the U.S.  One firm in Philadelphia is even specializing in "gay" divorce.

I wonder if the Abogados here are licking their chops in anticipation. :D 

In Massachusetts, where same sex marriages have been legal since 2004, only 7% of all marriages have been same sex.  In Canada, where it has been legal since 2005, the percentage of same sex marriages is even lower. No meaningful statistics for US due to only one year of legality of same sex marriage.

Any law firm specializing in same sex divorce might want to consider other options.

Tell them that:

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2015/07/02/countrys-first-gay-divorce-firm-opens-in-philadelphia/

This did surprise me somewhat.  When you Google up gay divorce lawyers, you get a bunch of references.

Never underestimate the power of the ambulance chasers to find new business. :D

The real question is why we tolerate government interference in personal relationships among consenting adults at all.  They've been using the tax code to subsidize behavior they like, marriage, and logically same sex couples want in on the action.  

Perhaps it is time to remove those subsidies and interference and use the tax code for what is it really supposed to be for:  To raise the money for necessary government activities.  Then maybe marriage would be practiced more by seriously committed couples only and there would be less divorce to feed the lawyers.

Of course if we really limited government to what we actually need from them, as was the case in my youth 50 years ago, taxes would be a lot lower and the western world wouldn't be over burdened supporting a bunch of usually well paid bureaucrats who are in our face at every turn and mostly wasting the people's money or very often in the case of Mexico, stealing it.

Guest bennie2

the licence is supposed to be for taxes, inheritance, heath plans, hospital visits. thats fine. the "phobia" bs is a lawyers holiday. (in the US). what they have done to bakers & florists may not fly in mexico. cultural marxism works in europe/US, maybe not here. war on christianity in mexico? not so fast.

Guest bennie2

xena, i reported the comment you mentioned. its too graphic, but its his right to feel that way. many things provoke that sentiment in me, but live & let live is my motto. unfortunatly it is not the mindset of the "gay gestapo". (useful tools of the US gov). 

2 hours ago, Al Berca said:

Did you read the link you posted? They have had no calls for this service, yet. Clearly, a publicity stunt by a quick thinking attorney.

I pretty much agree with your other comments, though.

Yes but the story is a year old.

And if you google the topic as I suggested, there are all sorts of similar stories.

Thus far there is no indication same sex marriages are going to end up in divorce anymore than the rest, but it definitely is a new source of business for the lawyers.

As of now same-sex marriage is allowed in the states of Chihuahua, Quintana Roo, Coahuila, Jalisco, Nayarit, Campeche, Guerrero, Michoacan, Chiapas, Morelos, Colima and Mexico. In other states an amparo is required.

saludos

Sonia

Archived