Chapala.com Webboard

Aggressive people outside of Superlake and iShop.

Is anyone else having trouble with aggressive people outside Superlake and Mailboxes Etc. (now iShop)?

That awful windshield wiper guy has broken my windshield wiper on at least two occasions now. I get my mail at iShop and I parked in front there yesterday. The guy was pestering me to replace my windshield wipers before the rains. My husband just got new wipers at Autozone and installed them so I said "No thanks". I came out and put my mail in the car and he kept pestering me. I said "No" again, not so politely this time. I needed a couple of things from Superlake so headed that way but turned back to get my cloth bag from the car and he was doing something with my wiper. I told him to leave my car alone. When I came back from Superlake he said my wiper was broken and that I needed a new one and indeed when I got home, my husband said that it was twisted out of the straps and was now useless. This is not the first time, this guy has broken a wiper. Plus I have long suspected that annoying Antonio of scratching my car so he could put his polish on it and try to charge me 100 pesos. I plan to complain to iShop but I doubt anything will be done; those guys have been there for years. Now I have to park down the street. 

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When we have to go into a store where these guys are hanging out one of us stays with the car.  If we happen to be alone ... we just do without whatever it was we wanted.  We have been here going on 12 years now and the one that scratches your car introduced us to his vandalism the first few months we were here 12 years ago when he was just a young teen and it is still ongoing.  

everytime I complain at MBE...they call the police to chase him off...he moves up towards SuperLake and then wanders back. The windshield guy is a total nutcase but he has a card that he shows the police that states he has pd for a license to sell.

If my wife can't stay in the car...then I park at Bellon's and walk over to get my mail.

I am always amazed that folks have problems with those guys.  They have not once failed to accept "No hoy, gracias."   There have been numerous instances over the past 13.5 years in which they have been super helpful.   I can assure you that you wouldn't want anyone in my extended family to see you break even one small bone in the body of either of them.   Your outcome would not be pretty.

A long time ago, it was suggested that when one of these folks approaches you that you pretend to be friendly. According to many of us who tried this, it worked. Now when I see them, we kid each other speaking in Mexican street slang. When they see me now, we say hello to each other, and they leave me alone. Be rude to them and ignore them and you just might be in for a keying of your paint or breaking of your windshield wiper.

With all that money that Super Lake is raking in, they should seriouly consider putting in closed circuit cameras for the parking lot.     Anytime there is an incident, they can show it to the policia.  Once the problem has been erradicated, I am sure that many old and weary customers will return.  If people have to park far away to protect their cars, means they will end up buying less stuff because a heavy load will be hard to carry back to their cars.

3 hours ago, PULELEHUA said:

I am always amazed that folks have problems with those guys.  They have not once failed to accept "No hoy, gracias."   There have been numerous instances over the past 13.5 years in which they have been super helpful.   I can assure you that you wouldn't want anyone in my extended family to see you break even one small bone in the body of either of them.   Your outcome would not be pretty.

17 hours ago, dichosalocura said:

With all that money that Super Lake is raking in, they should seriouly consider putting in closed circuit cameras for the parking lot.     Anytime there is an incident, they can show it to the policia.  Once the problem has been erradicated, I am sure that many old and weary customers will return.  If people have to park far away to protect their cars, means they will end up buying less stuff because a heavy load will be hard to carry back to their cars.

It is not a parking lot. It is a lateral and is therefore a public thoroughfare. The is little that SL can do legally.

I got tired of the guys trying to help me back out, when in fact, they made it harder for me to see where I was backing.  And didn't like the kids bothering me either.  Antonio doesn't bother us anymore after my husband scared the heck out of him one time.  I park on the northbound street just east of Superlake down about a block or two towards the plaza. Nobody bothers me down there.  Since I don't go there often or buy very much, it is easy to carry the goods a block or so.  

Archived