Chapala.com Webboard

Streaming services/ VPN's

Dadwarner is shilling for RedBox; it's his only post.

Redbox works, although CNN was just a video of a 10 second clip, in slow motion, so I don't know what that's about. Lots of ads, but easy enough to get rid of.But no guide of any sort. (Also, it is worth pointing out that I get very good download speeds; don't know what the streaming would be like at slower speeds.)

No endorsements, I know nothing about the service. It was just an ad in a tech newsletter I receive.

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fproxy.newatlas.co

World Cup fans take note! PureVPN is dedicated to ensuring you can watch every incredible moment with additional servers dedicated for the Cup. You can download PureVPN’s app on any device for fast, buffer-free streaming of your favorite matches anywhere, anytime! Support teams will be working nonstop 24/7 to provide dedicated assistance for match-day streamers and best of all, you can get access to the PureVPN network right now for as little as $2.49 per month - that's a 77% discount.   Read more

Appletv. Expressvpn provides you with a US IP address to enter on your Apple TV. US Netflix configured to lowest resolution. US amazon prime. YouTube. Hulu live. Not including the cost of the Appletv my bill runs $60/month

i use express vpn for the customer support

On 5/22/2018 at 1:46 PM, glws7777 said:

Barcelonaman, Yes I have tried them and they are fine. I think Terrarium is best of them all for movies and tv shows  also

it is easy for some of us to download adjust and there is always adjusting after click but we know that's not true for many others.

Johanson Yes you are very lucky with TELMEX connection happy for you

On 5/22/2018 at 2:05 PM, Ferret said:

For those of us who download and watch when we want to... using a computer and an HDMI cable. Also other instructionals available for Terrarium to Kodi, Roku etc.

http://terrariumtvdownloadapp.com/terrarium-tv-for-pc-windows-mac/

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/what-is-terrarium-tv,news-27305.html

16 minutes ago, Tiny said:

These 'free' apps are like the neighbor that tapped into your cable connection. Why not, someone else is paying for it. Why does so-called honest people think that they are doing no harm.

Because they are only "so called".  There is  reason for copyright law.  If someone photographs an original painting and then has it turned into prints for sale, that's stealing, pure and simple.  The scam we're discussing is just more subtle about it. I know someone who is technically savvy and VERY proud of his pirating skills. Apparently he has lots of company.

• 3 weeks later...

For years I have been jumping around from one free app. to another for all kinds of reasons and usually ends in the owners of the apps giving up updating the program or just shutting it down. I also got fed up updating and changing to bigger and better apps so often it became hard to remember which was best. so My opinion to anyone is find a good pay service. It is totally worth it. Now that does not mean it will be available forever but it is a choice you have to make.

If you have

1.  A credit card with a US billing address

2. A subscription to ExpressVPN

3. A "flashed" router that is compatible with EVPN-  Their website list which ones. Buy your own and flash it with their help or buy one on their site pre-flashed and save the anxiety of screwing it up.

With these things you will be able to connect your flashed router to your Telmex modem/router and any device in your house you connect to it will appear to be at whatever server you have chosen.  Then you can, with your CC, subscribe to any of the streaming services available in the US. We use Hulu Live but there are several and they all give you a few days free trial.

Just note, our Roku TV and laptops are fine with this. Other devices such as phones and tablets have gps built in. The service will insist you let it know "your location" or no service and when you do, it still blocks you, at least Hulu does. Since we are not interested in watching on our phones it is of no consequence to us. Amazon Prime does not do that and we can download many programs and movies to tablets or phones for watching when we are away from home.  It's more expensive than the "free" stuff out there but except for using the VPN to watch out of the US you are not pirating anything and paying for what you get.

1 hour ago, glws7777 said:

For years I have been jumping around from one free app. to another for all kinds of reasons and usually ends in the owners of the apps giving up updating the program or just shutting it down. I also got fed up updating and changing to bigger and better apps so often it became hard to remember which was best. so My opinion to anyone is find a good pay service. It is totally worth it. Now that does not mean it will be available forever but it is a choice you have to make.

You first need to determine what channels you want watch before working on a method.

For me, the channels that are important are the US network channels. I use USTVNOW.com. It  can be watched on pc, smart tv, cell phone, tablet without the need of a VPN.  There is no app (legal reasons) for Roku. I "cast" to a Chrome Cast attached to my TV from a cell or tablet.

If I want a movie, I  use Netflix Mexico or Amazon Prime Mexico.

20 minutes ago, Tiny said:

You first need to determine what channels you want watch before working on a method.

For me, the channels that are important are the US network channels. I use USTVNOW.com. It  can be watched on pc, smart tv, cell phone, tablet without the need of a VPN.  There is no app (legal reasons) for Roku. I "cast" to a Chrome Cast attached to my TV from a cell or tablet.

If I want a movie, I  use Netflix Mexico or Amazon Prime Mexico.

I agree 100% with you that if a person's viewing habits are the same as yours, USTV is for sure the way to go. Our TV viewing involves almost no Network shows, at least current network shows, so we need something like Hulu. It's a shame Roku kicked them off because that was super easy for older, non-smart tvs.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Why is this thread peppered with shills for streaming apps and assorted crap? Note that the link from the OP now leads to a disappeared Website, and the company --which started out saying 'you don't need a VPN to use it' now sells only VPN. These "services" come and go faster and faster all the time. Just be careful, people. Never sign up for anything that doesn't offer a good, solid free trial period, as a start.

Archived