Chapala.com Webboard

Elevator Mechanic

Contact the elevator manufacturer for possible contacts. Not much need lakeside for elevator repair otherwise. The shaft of the only domestic elevator I know of around here turned out to also be a haven for scorpion nests so you may want to check for that too while you do your maintenance. Good luck otherwise.

We have an Otis 3 person, 3 floor elevator as well.  When we contacted Otis in Guadalajara, they wanted 5500 pesos in their bank account up front before they would even come out to take a look.  After asking around we found Chema, cell phone number 331-158-4357.  He and his son have limited English but will put the daughter on the phone if there is a language problem.  Super guys and very reasonable.  They service several elevators in Ajijic.

6 hours ago, Semalu said:

Contact the elevator manufacturer for possible contacts. Not much need lakeside for elevator repair otherwise. The shaft of the only domestic elevator I know of around here turned out to also be a haven for scorpion nests so you may want to check for that too while you do your maintenance. Good luck otherwise.

Thank you for your response and advice.

The elevator manufacturer has not responded to many, both email and telephone, requests but as you will see from the next response it looks as though we have found someone.

6 hours ago, murka said:

We have an Otis 3 person, 3 floor elevator as well.  When we contacted Otis in Guadalajara, they wanted 5500 pesos in their bank account up front before they would even come out to take a look.  After asking around we found Chema, cell phone number 331-158-4357.  He and his son have limited English but will put the daughter on the phone if there is a language problem.  Super guys and very reasonable.  They service several elevators in Ajijic.

Thank you very much for taking the trouble and time to provide this very useful information.

I will follow this up with Chema.

Archived