Chapala.com Webboard

First Time Jalisco Driver's Licence

BARB1

4 minutes ago, bournemouth said:

there is no choice here but to go to Guadalajara - I did this fairly recently (in January) and Luzma Grande of Ajijic Concierge Service took me in.  I couldn't have done it without her!

http://www.ajijichomes4rent.com/ajijic_concierge_services.htm

I just sent you a PM with the same info.  Luzma is a delight.

2 hours ago, bournemouth said:

I seem to remember that Ocotlan decided that people from Chapala could not use that office.

We renewed ours in Octoclan in October or November last year (2015).

No problem and in and out in less than 1/2 hour for both of us.

The office is located in a plaza so lots of  parking.

Went to the Guadalajara office for first time license (last summer) had a translator with me, to facilitate the process, which if you've prepped for in advance by going to the state website, having all of the required documentation, is a simple process.

Note for the computer based exam, the licensing office provides a translator, your translator that you brought with you must wait outside the exam area.  

Actually, the time I went it was really crowded and they sent my facilitator with me as a translator, as they had no one available to do it.

Remember, that as "older" people, you will be ushered to the head of any line as they offer special attention to people of la tercera edad and pregnant women - a very kind attitude I thought.

Archived