Chapala.com Webboard

Carol Bedford?

Cookie

• 2 weeks later...

Too many good people are hurt by the assumptions of others, or by innocently repeating unsubstantiated rumors.  I've live in small towns and large city's and I have never found it worse anywhere than it is here.  Thanks to MntMama for setting the record straight.

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 4:20 PM, anne.roche said:

Why, WHY, do people feel they have the right to be nasty and/or degrading about other people that are mentioned in posts?

Sooooo, saying someone is an attorney is nasty or degrading?  Am I missing something here?  This is pretty funny.

19 minutes ago, bdmowers said:

Sooooo, saying someone is an attorney is nasty or degrading?  Am I missing something here?  This is pretty funny.

You're missing something.  Saying you heard that someone is not an attorney, when in fact they are, is unpleasant.

I knew that she has been very pleasant with me and that she was or is a US notary. I did not know that she was or wasn't an attorney. Again I just knew that she was a notary and sometimes provided this service at a law office.

I was referring to the fact that people insinuated that she was not an attorney and other detrimental comments.  Read the post before you also make unsubstantiated assumptions, bdmowers.

Someone made one comment, that he heard the person was never an attorney.  This may be "unpleasant" but "nasty and/or degrading"?  There were no "other detrimental comments".  You might want to tone down your rhetoric just a tad, Anne.  This is not the US campaign season, just a little friendly local chat board.

• mod-3 locked this topic

Archived