Chapala.com Webboard

Cajititlan vehicle registration office?

Serenity6

I've been advised by the local Chapala "DMV" (don't have the Mexican name on hand) that I must first clear up some paperwork issues, but that can only be done in the office located in Cajititlan.

Anyone been there? So far have had no luck finding info online. I have my smog certificate, all documents that show the car is lien-free and properly in my name, and, as requested, two months' worth of CFE and Telmex bills at my new address (and a copy of the lease b/c I do not own this house and CFE/Telmex are not in my name.)

I'll also bring passport and other ID copies and Visa status if needed.

Does anyone know if that area is an overall safe area? I'm female driving alone if my Mexican friend isn't able to join me, and just want to know what to expect.

I then have to return back to the Chapala office to finalize my new registration. (Don't mind doing any of this at all, just want to make sure I do it right the first time and not end up in Guatemala with my crappy sense of direction.)

Many thanks to whomever has insight.

For my information and future reference, why would the poster have to go to another Recaudadora office when she was already dealing with the Chapala office?

Because the Chapala "DMV" told her she had to.

Its not strange. I have an unusual paperwork issue that needs to be worked out and it cannot be worked out in the smaller Chapala office.

This request by Chapala sounds very strange. But in the past I have had and heard of many other strange requests.

Then , papers were taken to Jocotopec and completed with no problem

Archived