Chapala.com Webboard

Another presentation on Seguro Popular?

gypsyken

There were two presentations last week by Seguro Popular at LCS. Presentations at 9 and 11 am for one hour each and signup after each presentation. No reservations but standing room only for the presentation and Seguro Popular had two people there taking registration.

I have been told that unless you are fluent in Spanish, you need an interpreter, who you may have to hire, when you sign up for Seguro Popular at a Centre de Salud, while that wasn't necessary at the LCS event. Since there is said to have been standing room only at the LCS event last week, perhaps there will be another one. I was hoping that someone connected with LCS who knows about that would answer my question. A post elsewhere on this webboard says that while Seguro Popular previously charged no fee, an annual fee is now imposed, so I need information about the program to help me determine if it would be worthwhile for me to pay the fee. I really hadn't thought about Seguro Popular until I read about the event at LCS that I was unable to attend.

If you are near Joco, Susie will take you to the new SP hospital and sign you up for free. She has taken me to the Dr. there and she refuses to be paid, so I bought lunch and put money on her cell phone.

Susie is American/Mexican, born in California, educated there and moved back to Mexico. She is related to many of the people at SP. When I signed up the second time, she did it for me while my thumb was being sewn up.

PM me if you want her to meet you at the new hospital and I'll give you her phone number.

It will be faster with her getting you signed up there than anywhere else. She will tell you everything you need.

Archived