Chapala.com Webboard

Inspirational talk on dementia by a woman w/dementia

RHV

This Thurs., 24 Sept, from 11-1pm, in the LCS sala Karin Miles will reprise her Open Circle talk on

Making Friends w/dementia.

Then Keith Coates will share his 8 yr journey as a caregiver to someone w/dementia.

Also discussed will be how to choose a care home; our support groups for people

w/memory issues & one for caregivers.

Most of us start suffering some degree of dementia with age. I was in my fifties when I started noticing it in myself. My job required me to remember a lot of details so i started getting bouts of anxiety when I couldn't remember certain details. I finally stepped down to a less demanding job. I belong to a group that plays table tennis a couple times a week. It is so amusing when four of us cannot remember the score or who is next to serve. So, yes, we do need support groups.

• 2 years later...

Most of us start suffering some degree of dementia with age. I was in my fifties when I started noticing it in myself. My job required me to remember a lot of details so i started getting bouts of anxiety when I couldn't remember certain details. I finally stepped down to a less demanding job.

Oh, that explains it.   So how old are you now?  In other words, is it nice and ripe?  

Archived