Chapala.com Webboard

Lasik: going blind, can anyone recommend a very good Lasik surgeon?

Serenity6

Be careful and check rferences, husband had a non existent surgery (that was billed to the insurrance) but we later found out that nothing had been done. Staying away from doctors unless you have a really serious need is a good idea..

Dr. Rigoberto Rios, Alta Retina in Plaza Montana.

He has been mentioned many times on this board under opthamologists so you can search and find his number. I do not have it handy and am unable to look for it at the moment

Dra Claudia Camacho Choza 333 441 5902

Local office located at Bugambillas 17 (So. side of carretera just East of Fit for Life gym) San Antonio Tlalyacapan.

I had a cataract removed from my left eye by Dra Claudia a couple of months ago and was so pleased with the service and the result that I had her perform Lasik surgery to correct some refraction and astigmatism in my other eye in July. Both procedures were done very professionally in her family run Clinica Choza in Guadalajara and I am very, very pleased with the result.

Dra Claudia speaks perfect English. She is in the San Antonio office Monday, Wednesday and Friday and does surgeries at the Guadalajara clinic on Tuesdays and Thursdays. For my surgeries she arranged to have her husband, Michael, pick me up at my house, drive me in to the Guad clinic and take me home afterward. The procedures were quick and painless and her prices are very competitive.

A large, very expensive machine is required for Lasik surgery. Clinica Choza has specialized in these procedures for many years, and has the right equipment. I have no hesitation in highly recommending Dra Claudia and her clinic to anyone looking for Lasik or any other type of eye surgery.

Dr Rigoberto. Rios Leon...In Montana Plaza 766 1521 He is excellent

In addition to being experienced and excellent, he hires drivers to take patients to his clinic in Guad, round trip. Totally painless experience. We are lucky that he decided to buy a house here and open an office.

Excellent! Back when I had Lasik done on both eyes in California (San Jose, so most expensive area in the state) it cost about 2,000 dollars.

I know things have changed since then and lasik technology has improved (at least i hope so). Back then, the worse your eyesight, the higher the charge. I think the cheapest would've been about $1,200.

I know each case is different, but on average, what does Lasik run for both eyes in this area (Guad).

Thanks for the very helpful references.

Don't know. Best to goin and have a discussion/consultation with Dr and not rely on what is posted here, as each experience is individual.

I have no knowledge of Lasik, only retinal reattachment.

Go and talk to Dr. Rios. He will help you in your search, and you are not obligated to use him if you find others that you find elsewhere.

I recommend Dr. Claudia Camacho.

I recommended her on FACEBOOK a few days ago. I am reposting that recommendation.

https://www.facebook...hochoza?fref=ts

I´ve referred several of my patients to Dr. Camacho for urgent eye care. They were all very pleased by her excellent level of expertise, care and bedside manner. After meeting and working with her I feel very confident about her level of expertise and professionalism. Her fluency in speaking English is top-notch. She has offices in the Chapala Lakeside and in Guadalajara. Needless to say, I highly recommend her.

Her LAKESIDE office is currently located in Riberas.

Dra Claudia Camacho Choza 333 441 5902

Local office located at Bugambillas 17 (So. side of carretera just East of Fit for Life gym) San Antonio Tlalyacapan.

I had a cataract removed from my left eye by Dra Claudia a couple of months ago and was so pleased with the service and the result that I had her perform Lasik surgery to correct some refraction and astigmatism in my other eye in July. Both procedures were done very professionally in her family run Clinica Choza in Guadalajara and I am very, very pleased with the result.

Dra Claudia speaks perfect English. She is in the San Antonio office Monday, Wednesday and Friday and does surgeries at the Guadalajara clinic on Tuesdays and Thursdays. For my surgeries she arranged to have her husband, Michael, pick me up at my house, drive me in to the Guad clinic and take me home afterward. The procedures were quick and painless and her prices are very competitive.

A large, very expensive machine is required for Lasik surgery. Clinica Choza has specialized in these procedures for many years, and has the right equipment. I have no hesitation in highly recommending Dra Claudia and her clinic to anyone looking for Lasik or any other type of eye surgery.

Thank you for the phone number, went there today and no phone listed and gait locked. Will try the number Monday,

Archived